This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
June 3, 2019 at 9:12 am

jeffa-4

I am trying to: I am trying to: The hidden link is a multi-language site using WPML and everything got translated perfectly, except the speakers and their BIO’s. For example Tor McGlade: hidden link

I have made the translation for him, but we have a page here: hidden link and when I switch this page over to French (top right hand corner, click on French) the person is not showing up in the list. I have also attached an image with the URL seen on the screenshots.

June 3, 2019 at 3:37 pm #3943869

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I can see the issue is with the way the "Exhibz Speakes" widget is not being recognised by the translation editor. For this reason, the value in the translated page is not updated with the correct translated speaker name value.

This particular widget is custom and not currently supported by WPML Tranlsation Editor. For these kind of situations, it is possible to integrate the widget by adding coding as described here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/how-to-add-wpml-support-to-custom-elementor-widgets/

However, I was also able to get the correct translated speaker to appear on the translated page by manually updating the speaker´s value as shown in the attached image.

I wait for your feedback on my observations/comments

The topic ‘[Closed] Speaker BIO's are not translating’ is closed to new replies.