This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by guylaineG-3 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
July 26, 2019 at 12:27 am #4286303

guylaineG-3

Hi ... I have update WPML and all the strings from a specific domain are not translate on the site.

All other plugins translation are ok.

Please see attached.

How can I resolve this issue?

July 26, 2019 at 4:52 am #4287335

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support. I'd be assisting you further on this issue.

Are you expecting the strings to be auto-translated? if yes, it's not possible.

You can see most of the strings with there translation, probably due to the fact that they have a mo/PO files with translations and WPML is scanning those PO/mo files and registering them.

If you have already had .mo/.po files then place the .mo/PO files in the wp-content/languages folders and go to WPML->Themes and plugin localization and scan the theme once.

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/theme-localization/

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

July 28, 2019 at 4:26 pm #4295677

guylaineG-3

Hi.. Great! It worked perfectly!

The last thing to resolve... is the meta description and SEO title that appear in English instead of French...

The meta description of that page "ACCEUIL" is currently in French and I don't want it to be translated as we have an English page "HOME" with the meta description in English.

Can it be resolved through WPML?
Thank you.

July 29, 2019 at 3:06 am #4296681

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hi there,

Glad to hear that it now works. As the original issue is resolved may I kindly ask you please to open a new ticket for your additional question?

As per our support policies, we can only handle one issue per ticket. It will help us to serve you better and we can avoid discussing multiple problems in one ticket.

Quick hint for the SEO issue: https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/using-wordpress-seo-with-wpml/#%22translate-page-seo-attributes

Thanks

July 29, 2019 at 11:17 am #4299013

guylaineG-3

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!