Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Andreas W..

Author Posts
April 28, 2022 at 10:28 am #11113467

tonyN-10

I'm using the BuddyBoss theme and platform to build a new community website. The site will be both english and arabic. However the problem is BuddyBoss will only allow custom fonts for the language set in WordPress. So if the default language is English, then I can select a custom font for that. However it makes no allowance for translations, so I can't specify which font BuddyBoss should use when it switches to Arabic. This is a real problem as at the moment it defaults to a system font which is not inline with our clients brand.

Is it possible that when switching to translated arabic, WPML can use a custom arabic font?

April 29, 2022 at 3:56 am #11119035

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

If the theme does not allow setting different theme options in different languages, then it might be not possible, but it would be worth to try the following:

The font setting should be a field inside the theme options that might be registered WPML String Translation.

Go to String Translation and on the bottom of the page click "Translate text sin admin screens".

Then search for the font name. If you find it, mark the string and add it to String Translation.

Then try to translate to the desired font name of your choice.

I hope you can solve the issue this way.

Best regards
Andreas

May 1, 2022 at 6:10 pm #11128591

tonyN-10

Thanks Andreas - I will try it.

May 3, 2022 at 2:35 pm #11141489

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

If you do need assistance with this task, please let me know.

For more details about how to locate strings coming from theme options please read this:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/finding-strings-that-dont-appear-on-the-string-translation-page/

Best regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] Specify fonts for translations’ is closed to new replies.