This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
July 11, 2019 at 8:32 pm #4193055

developerO

We have 50k products in the website and I have noticed that because WPML. Website have become extemely slow.

Is there any way reduce WPML querries or defer them ?

Let me know if you have any questions.

July 12, 2019 at 8:27 am #4196359

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Could you try disabling the following - or enabling this option in fact?
WPML -> Theme and plugins localization -> Localization options -> Don't use String Translation to translate themes and plugins

The next WPML version is going to introduce a whole new way of dealing with strings that will reduce and even eliminate the WPML performance impact, so it's important for us to catch issues we might have missed and fix them.

If you still see performance issues after this option being set, let me know if you would be interested in providing a site copy so that we could provide performance profiling and perhaps implement what we found into next versions.

The new WPML version (beta) is expected sometime next week and would be available for the clients who engage in the performance profiling.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 13, 2019 at 8:29 am #4203133

developerO

sitepress-multilingual-cms . 988/1203 are sitepress querries.

hidden link

July 15, 2019 at 10:08 am #4209579

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Can you tell me if you tried the following?
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/speed-issues-3/#post-4196359

Also, can you tell me if the speed issue is present in the front end on the website or the backend? I have recorded a video about the site speed how it works for me. Can you tell me if it should be faster, or?
hidden link

I will definitely need more details about the issue, because I am unable to give any other advice at the moment.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

The topic ‘[Closed] Speed Issues’ is closed to new replies.