This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Martynas.V 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
October 9, 2018 at 3:52 pm #2800954

Martynas.V

Hello,

just letting WPML team know that I would also be interested in translating copyright text separate from theme options. For example it is pain in the *** to make custom css changes and update it in all the languages.

October 9, 2018 at 3:55 pm #2800958

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @martynas.V, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

I opened this new ticket so that we can pay more attention to your issue.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will forward it to our team.

On the language switcher of the Avada theme options there is a "All Languages" option. You can select it to apply settings to all languages.

For CSS you can also use other options, like the CSS editor available on the customizer (Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS). This way the CSS code wil be applied to all languages.

If you need more help just let me know.

All the best,
Diego

October 12, 2018 at 8:18 am #2811151

marcialB

Hi Diego

Your suggestion to use the "All Languages" option has significant downsides. We use the theme options in different languages to set different logos per language, adjust the phone number in the header and so on. If we use the "All Languages" option, everything gets overwritten.

Therefore a better solution to handle theme information is very welcome.

Thanks for working on it.

Best,
Marcial

October 12, 2018 at 9:35 am #2811431

Martynas.V

Didn't thought that I would re-open this ticket. Sorry for that.

As for translating the Avada theme options I rather keep all settings the same for all languages and translate what I need via Strings. Of course it depends what you need to do. In my case I don't need to change logo but all the texts that goes in there.