This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by De Paep 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
August 31, 2018 at 11:44 pm #2695179

De Paep

Hi Diego,

The workaround seems to work now, as long as you don't edit the translation anyway.

By the way, I upgraded WPML to the last version on the live site. It raised a bug on the home page like on the staging site. Suddenly my home page became completely empty. I had to restore a backup. We're not getting out of trouble.

Best regards
Eric

August 31, 2018 at 11:45 pm #2695180

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello Eric,

I created this new ticket, so we can focus on this new issue.

Please enable WP_Debug on your website, it will display more details about the error instead of a blank page: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/ - If possible please send us a screenshot of the error.

You can test on the staging website.

Regards,
Diego

September 3, 2018 at 9:37 am #2698534

De Paep

Hi Diego,

I enabled WP_Debug. See screenshot of the home page herewith. Other toolset pages work fine.

Best regards
Eric

September 3, 2018 at 8:17 pm #2700888

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Thanks Eric,

Has the issue been reproduced on the staging website? I'll take a look.

Regards,
Diego

September 3, 2018 at 8:21 pm #2700891

De Paep

Hi Diego,

Yes the details I sent are from the staging server.

Regards
Eric

September 4, 2018 at 3:17 pm #2703890

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Thanks, I'm checking with the developers if this is a know issue, since the website works normally with 4.0.5. I will send you a feedback soon.

Please keep the version 4.0.5 on the main website for now. You can download from here if needed: https://wpml.org/download/wpml-multilingual-cms/?section=changelog

Regards,
Diego

September 4, 2018 at 4:28 pm #2704039

De Paep

Hi Diego,

OK, I rolled back the public website to version 4.0.5 and I'll keep this one until we solve the problem.

Thanks.

Regards
Eric

September 5, 2018 at 2:51 pm #2707726

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there,

I did some testing and the error seems to be related to the Toolset Types plugin.

I've forwarded it our developers. They are working together with the Toolset team to fix the issue.

I will send you a feedback soon.

Regards,
Diego

September 21, 2018 at 7:06 pm #2756354

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hello

Our developers have fixed the bug. The fix will be released in the next WPML update.

Please keep version 4.0.5 for now and upgrade to the latest version when the update is released.

Kind regards,
Diego

September 25, 2018 at 7:38 am #2762851

De Paep

Hi Diego,

Thank you for the information. I will test it out as soon as the update is released.

Best regards.
Eric

September 25, 2018 at 2:00 pm #2764141

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Thanks! Please let us know if you need any help.

Best regards,
Diego

October 4, 2018 at 4:45 pm #2788332

De Paep

Hi Diego,

I updated the test site and the public site. This update did indeed solve the problem.

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards
Eric