This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

Cannot change custom fields settings.

Solution:

In this case, it was only needed to activate the ACF plugin which was mistakenly deactivated.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ghilanA 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
April 14, 2019 at 7:40 pm #3608605

ghilanA

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Frist: I have website pages build with Elementro, when I try to translate to Arabic language some fields won't be available for translation such as Heading titles and infoboxes and others. Second: In wpml/settings, I can't change custom fields to translatable, copy or copy once (from do not translate). After hitting apply, I reload the page and it set back to do not translate. I tried to disable ACFML and then tried to change translation preferences for custom fields, but didn't work.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Yes, I followed "How to build multilingual sites with Elementor and WPML" https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/

Is there a similar example that we can see?
Yes, you can see the Heading titles, infoboxes, and text buttons on the Arabic website page with url hidden link

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

April 14, 2019 at 7:46 pm #3608607

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

In our forum, we try to keep one issue per ticket.
Continuing with one ticket per issue helps not only supporters to focus on one issue at once, but also enables other users to find solutions to their questions faster. Therefore, I've split the other ticket and created a new ticket with this issue.

I'm confused because when looking at the debug information attached to this ticket I cannot see the Advanced Custo Fields plugin and our bridge ACFML.
Are those fields from the ACF plugin?
Does the issue persist when WordPress is updated to its latest version?

Regards,
Itamar.

April 20, 2019 at 7:28 pm #3650731

ghilanA

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!
After I reactive the Advanced Custo Fields plugin, I could change custom fields to translatable, copy or copy once (from do not translate).