This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
September 22, 2019 at 4:00 pm #4618925

linkeyparma

Hello.

I have found out an additional anomaly, this time in the taxonomy translation.
When I go to WPML-->Taxonomy translation-->All product Categories and I try to update a category translation from English to Italian, I receive no errors but the translation is not saved.

Could you please check out my website ? Thank you

September 22, 2019 at 4:08 pm #4618939

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

In our forum, we try to keep one issue per ticket.
Continuing with one ticket per issue helps not only supporters to focus on one issue at once, but also enables other users to find solutions to their questions faster. Therefore, I've split the other ticket and created a new ticket with this issue.

I can see this issue on your site.

For your information, the place to translate WooCommerce product's categories is in WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual -> Categories (tab). And you must first create the products categories in the default language of your site. Please see our documentation here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/#taxonomies

You create the products' categories in English, but the default language of your site is Italian. Please first create the products' categories in Italian.

I hope that this information will help you in solving the problem.

Regards,
Itamar.

September 23, 2019 at 8:59 am #4621825

linkeyparma

Hello,
I changed the default language to English.
I then went to WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual -> Categories (tab) and try to edit the name of a category from English to Italian but it still does not work.

Is there a workaround for that other than deleting all the english categories, creating the italian ones and then creating again the english ones ?

Thank you

September 23, 2019 at 9:15 am #4621901

linkeyparma

I shall correct myself. Apparently it works now, even if in a rather strange way (the updated names are not shown until the Woocommerce admin page is refreshed).

September 23, 2019 at 3:41 pm #4625483

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Great, I'm glad that it is working now.

You wrote: "the updated names are not shown until the Woocommerce admin page is refreshed"

There might be a collision with another plugin that is causing this. In this case, if you want to check this, please try to see if the issue persists in a minimal environment. Minimum environment means switching to a default WordPress theme like TwentyNineteen and no plugins activated except WPML. You will need first to check if the problem persists when just the theme is switched to TwentyNineteen (for example). If it persists then deactivate all plugins except the WPML and its add-ons and WooCommerce itself. Then please check if the problem persists. If it does not persist, so start by activating the plugins one by one and check when the problem comes back, then report to me which was the culprit plugin.

**** Important! Please make a full site backup (files and DB) before you proceed with those steps****


*** If your site is a live site you might want first to try those procedures in a staging environment or a snapshot of your site on your local server or another server. ***

Thanks,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] Split: Cannot update a category translation from English to Italian’ is closed to new replies.