This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
September 11, 2019 at 5:33 pm #4555535

florinD-3

Hi there,

the first problem i have it that the german version of the foodtruck formular, the message confirmation is still in english, even though i translated it by string. How can that be? I attached the problem underneath.

The second problem is with woocommerce: I cant find where i can edit the outgoing email. Its about the order email that goes out, also attached. I need to change the german translation because its about a courtesy form.

Would be very pleased with fast help!

BR
Florin

September 11, 2019 at 5:43 pm #4555583

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi Florin,

In our forum, we try to keep one issue per ticket.
Continuing with one ticket per issue helps not only supporters to focus on one issue at once, but also enables other users to find solutions to their questions faster. Therefore, I've split the other ticket and created a new ticket with this issue.

You wrote to me: "I did exactely what you said on the string page but it didnt work properly, how is that? The Email on woocommerce i wanted to translate/change is the "Bill"-email."

Can you please send me a screenshot of the String Translation section where you tried to follow my instructions?
Is the language of the original email string is English or German?

I suspect that this issue is similar to the CF7 issue in the original ticket. Since German is the default language of your site, you might be able to change the German email text in WooCommerce -> Settings -> Emails tab. The following link might be helpful to you in this case.
hidden link

Please let me know if this information is helpful to you?

Regards,
Itamar.

September 13, 2019 at 9:20 am #4566927

florinD-3

Hi Itamar,

The language of the original email string is English.

I attached the mail I want to change because in german its not you, its the polite version of it, but i can't change the english text.

Its very important that i solve the problem soon please!

BR
Florin

The website you showed me is only for an english website, which doesnt help me that much.

September 15, 2019 at 1:31 pm #4574711

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi, Florin.

The attached screenshot that you share with me is of this file customer-invoice-simple.php. On my test site, I couldn't find a template file called customer-invoice-simple.php. I could only find a template file that is called customer-invoice.php. So I'm wondering about the different name of the file that you have. I can also see that it is a file in your theme at this location.
/dt-the7/wooCommerce-germanized-pro/emails/
And, I can also see that the origin of this email template file is from WooCommerce version 2.2.0 which is a very old version of WooCommerce. The WooCommerce email strings that can be translated with WPML are the default email strings that are shipped with WooCommerce. WPML and WooCommerce Multilingual are not officially compatible with the Germanized for WooCommerce plugin and in our internal documentation, I can see some known issues with this plugin.

Can you please make sure that you are not asking me for the support that you should receive from the Germanized for WooCommerce support team?
Maybe also the following link in German can help. (I'm not speaking German, so I hope I'm not mistaken.)
hidden link

If you still think that it is a WPML issue, I'll, of course, be glad to continue helping you and to do that I access to your site. Please explain to me in details which string from which template do you want to change.

If you need further help with this, please share the access details to your site with me.
I'm enabling a private message for the next reply.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- - Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access. --

Thanks,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] Split: Change WooCommerce email text in German (default language)’ is closed to new replies.