This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 21 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by bouhafsia 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
June 12, 2019 at 5:57 pm #4006771

bouhafsia

I am using a plugin to show thoses images , you cans see the same problem with a color filter that is hidden in the other page showen in the menu , so maybe still some conflict between WPML and other plugins in the home page , is that was the problem ?
waiting for your answer sir
regards

June 12, 2019 at 6:50 pm #4007093

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

This may be happening because of the translation settings. Translation preference for the Product post type is selected as *Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language* and for *Product Couleur(pa_couleur)* attribute it is *Translatable - only show translated items*, and also Products are not translated yet to Arabic.

Please try the following steps after a backup and let me know your feedback.

a) Go to WPML>>Settings>>Custom Term Meta Translation
b) Choose copy as the translation preference for display_type, slctd_clr and slctd_img fields. Then save the settings.
c) Go to WooCommerce>>WooCommerce Multilinugal>>Attributes and choose *Couleur*
d) Then resave the *Couleur* terms translation
e) Visit Shop page in Arabic and check the images are showing for *Couleur* terms in filter
f) Visit Products>>Attributes>>Product Couleur and check the images are showing for *Couleur* terms

Please check the attached images for more details.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

June 14, 2019 at 10:56 pm #4024431

bouhafsia

Hello sir ,
thank you for all this explanations , But after severals times , i couldn't reach the the success ,
I Followed all your steps Thank you sir !

June 15, 2019 at 6:04 pm #4028721

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. The Custom Term Meta details of *Couleur* terms are copied correctly to Arabic. This may be happening because *Couleur* terms translated but the products are not translated into Arabic yet.

Please change the slug of a couple *Couleur* terms in Arabic to French like the original via Quick Edit and check is there any difference in the result. For example *vert* instead of *أزرق* for *أزرق* term.

If the issue exists, please translate one or two Products to Arabic and make sure you are getting the expected result or not.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 2, 2019 at 11:07 pm #4130329

bouhafsia

Hello Sir , thank you very much for your support and your patience ,
i think I was able to fix the half of the problem , now i think i have the colors shown correctly in the other language side , but the function in not working , as mentioned in the screens captured when i click in the color it suppose doing some filtre function , to show me the same color of the products , but the first click show me an error message , and when i refresh , it shows me again the page but no product are shown for the selected color ,in the other language that work perfectly ,
pleas tell me if there is another setting to adjust ,
thank you sir ,
Regards

July 3, 2019 at 1:22 pm #4136803

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. This may be a compatibility issue. Please try the following steps after a full site backup and make sure you are getting the expected result or not.

1) Upgrade to the latest version of WooCommerce and WPML Translation Management
2) Visit WPML>>Languages>>Language URL format
3) Choose *Different languages in directories* option
4) Save the changes
5) Visit Settings>>Permalinks
6) Resave the settings

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 6, 2019 at 9:58 am #4155553

bouhafsia

Hello Sir
Thank you for your answer ,
so , i change what you mentioned above ,
and the results still the same , i can't get the filtre work properly
I am waiting for your answer sir thank you .

July 8, 2019 at 1:54 pm #4163241

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I made a Duplicator copy of your site now. Will debug it further and get back to you soon. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 10, 2019 at 8:10 am #4177121

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

For your kind updates, the Duplicator copy of your site is not working fine on my local server. So I have tried with a fresh installation. Filtering by attributes(Color) is working fine for me when I translate the Products to Arabic. Please check the following links for more details.

hidden link

hidden link

hidden link

This is happening because the Product attributes are translated, but the Product is not translated to the secondary language yet.

Please translate few of the variable products after a backup and make sure you are getting the expected result or not.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 10, 2019 at 8:26 am #4177313

bouhafsia

Hello Sir , thank you for your advice , in facts i didn't translate the product because i wanted to keep theme in the original language , so what i understand now, i have to make a translated copy for my productd , I will translate all of them keeping the same language , even if i want to keep the original language.
i will try to fix that and translate all of themes ,
thank you for your support
i will return to you for the results ,
regards

July 10, 2019 at 9:10 am #4177557

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. Please translate a few of the variable products after a site backup. Then check the issue is existing or not.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 10, 2019 at 1:53 pm #4180937
bouhafsia

Hello sir ,
thank you for your efforts made

Now i finished the traduction of all my products , but still get the same problem , i can't get the color filtre work i got the same error message ,

i Tried to empty all caches ,
maybe i need to do another thing in the products pages ?

i noticed that in the products listing in arabic , the images are not Shown ,
but in both ( products images list in the ordinary list and the products list in woocommerce multi language ), we can see the images product as is Shown in the attached image

New threads created by Bigul and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-images-missing-in-the-translated-product/

July 11, 2019 at 7:16 am #4186627

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. This may be a compatibility issue. I have a request. Can you please try to reproduce the issue on the Sandbox test site.

hidden link

Please visit the URL and upload the required plugins to get the Color filter. Then check the issue is replicable or not.

Please note, I have opened a new ticket for the Image missint issue. Because as per our support policies, we can only handle one issue per ticket. It will help us to serve you better and we can avoid discussing multiple problems in one ticket. I will get back to you soon on the new ticket. Please wait. Thank you for your understanding.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 11, 2019 at 12:53 pm #4189891

bouhafsia

Hello again ,
thank you for your answer ,
i will try to upload the plugin and try it in the sandbox ,
I will return to you for the results ,
thank you for the ticket support
Regards

July 12, 2019 at 7:52 am #4196061

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. We will wait for your feedback. Take your time.

--
Thanks!

Bigul