This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by andreR-17 11 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
October 23, 2018 at 8:01 pm #2844008

andreR-17

Can you please watch this video i made: hidden link ? It´s a record from my screen. It shows me using the clasisc translator, trying to translate homepage from portuguese to english. As you can see my raw html code changes just as i switch from visual to html editing, in the left column (portuguese language).

Regarding the fact the the page must be 100% translated, i already knew that...

Also, i have noticed another problem... I have a page, 100% translated to english as you can see in the attached file "cookies-policy-100%-translated.jpg". This page, however, shows all content in portuguese as you can see in the attached image "cookies-policy-100%-translated-all-text-still-in-portuguese.jpg".

How do you explain this and the fact from the video i shared?

Thank you.

October 23, 2018 at 8:08 pm #2844023

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

In our forum, we try to keep one issue per ticket.
Continuing with one ticket per issue helps not only supporters to focus on one issue at once, but also enables other users to find solutions to their questions faster. Therefore, I've split the other ticket and created a new ticket with this issue.

I can see this issue on your site. This might be the result of the cache that is activated on your site. I can see that you are using the W3 Total Cache plugin. Please clear all the cache from the site and deactivate the W3 Total Cache plugin and see if then you can see the translation of the cookies policy page.

Please note that when developing a site or adding changes it is recommended to turn all cache on the site. Sometimes the cache can also be on the server side. Please make sure that there is no cache activate on your server. You can find out about it with your hosting service.

Is it helping to solve the issue?

Regards,
Itamar.

October 24, 2018 at 4:12 pm #2847260

andreR-17

Hello,

I cleaned all cache from my site and deactivated the w3tc plugin. Also, there is no cache on the server side. The page is still appearing in portuguese.

I noticed that the big text block i have in my page does not appear in wpml translator, so i can translate it. This must be the reason why the english version shows the portuguese content even though the translator confirms my page is 100% tranlslated.

Is it possible that the wpml translator doesn't show the text block content because of the inline styles? If it is so, how can i translate that page? Do i have to do it directly in the english copy of the portuguese version? Can you check this, please?

*Note: This info is related to the translation of the page "politica de cookies" (portuguese) to "cookies policy" (english).

Thank you

October 25, 2018 at 12:07 pm #2849633

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

When I check now the 'COOKIES POLICY' (hidden link) page, it all shows in English. Please see the attached screenshot cookie-en-front.jpg. Even when I check the back-end editing screen of the page in English, it is all in English. Please see the attached screenshot cookie-en-back.jpg. And also the Translation Editor seems fine with 100% complete and showing the English translation. Please see the attached screenshot cookie-en-te.jpg.

Have you fixed this issue already?
Can you see that it is fine now?

Please note that it is not recommended to switch the Translation Method while working on a page. If you have started to translate a page and you are using WPML's Translation Editor, you need to finish the process and translate to 100% complete before changing the translation methods to the WordPress editing screen. Otherwise, it can cause issues as you had.

Regards,
Itamar.

October 25, 2018 at 2:47 pm #2850170

andreR-17

I don't know what solved this problem.

The page was first fullly translated (100%) to english using the wpml translator but wasn't showing in that language.

I then tried to send it again to my translators and they noticed there were fields that were missing from the translator, more precisely a text box containing html code. So, the translator was assuming the page was 100% translated but there were fields missing. That was why it all appeared in portuguese (original language) even with 100% of the translation completed.

Finally, today i sent the page for one of my translators again, and there were some fields that had not the "done" check on them, as if they had unchecked themselves automatically. Those were the fields that weren't appearing in the translator before. Now they were showing and already translated. We only had to check them.

The only thing the support made in my site between the time some fields were missing from the translator and the time they reappeared was to add the custom xml code that is suggested in https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/how-to-build-multilingual-sites-with-wpbakery-page-builder-and-wpml/#adding-support-for-the-raw-html-element.

I don't know if it was this that soved the problem, but i would like to know. I'd appreciate if the support theme gave me further explanation about this.

Either way, this issue is resolved now. Thank you.