Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
February 1, 2019 at 3:39 pm #3152301

yvonnev-6

Please go ahead and split it.

February 1, 2019 at 4:45 pm #3152473

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thanks for your patience while I continued troubleshooting. When I edit the translated lesson in the native WordPress editor, I can see that the lesson is not connected to a course, which explains why it is not displaying. Can you please tell me how you connect a lesson to a course?

Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 11.44.09 AM.png
February 2, 2019 at 8:32 am #3154046

yvonnev-6

Hi Lauren

Sorry - I think there were 3 lessons not associated so I have deleted them.

All the lessons are now associated but it is still not working.

The Course Builder is the way you associate Sections and Lessons within a Course.
You can access this from any lesson in the right sidebar.
If you view the Lessons list you will see they are associated with the Course and even show the Section but when you click on the course builder it is not pulling up the info and obviously the front end isn't pulling it either.

February 4, 2019 at 4:05 pm #3158521

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks for the additional information. I tested this plugin in a clean install and was not able to reproduce the issue you are having. Please feel free to test anything on this site:
Login: hidden link
Username: demo
Password: SlM8xhF2y5S2

One thing to note - when I translated the courses/lessons, I duplicated them instead of using the "+" icon. This copied everything over to the translation, and then you can click "Translate Independently" to add the translations. Did you use the "+" icon to translate? And if so, could you please test duplicating one to see if that resolves the issue?

February 9, 2019 at 8:55 am #3178098

yvonnev-6

Hi Lauren

Sorry - could you be specific about the steps to duplicate rather than using the + icon? How exactly do I test this? Where am I duplicating?

February 9, 2019 at 9:06 am #3178103

yvonnev-6

Hi Lauren

I logged into your demo site and you are in fact having the same problem.

Please see screenshot attached ... on right is the Spanish version which shows no sections or lessons and on the left is the English version which lists them all.

Screenshot 2019-02-09 at 11.01.50.png
February 11, 2019 at 3:20 pm #3183768

Lauren
Supporter

I see now, thanks for clarifying. I have escalated this to our compatibility team so that they can contact the LifterLMS authors. Please keep in mind that a resolution may depend on how quickly or not they reply.

I'll keep you posted here as soon as I have more information.

February 13, 2019 at 2:42 pm #3194691

Lauren
Supporter

Hi there, I just wanted to let you know that our developers have taken a look at this. The Lifter LMS plugin is quite complex, so we are not going to be able to easily resolve this with a quick fix. We have, however, asking the client to join our Go Global program so that we can work together to make the plugins compatible. This will likely take some time.

So, if you need a solution faster, I would suggest using one of the LMS plugins that is already compatible: https://wpml.org/faq/list-of-top-compatibility-recommendations/#lms

If you would like to wait, then I can keep this ticket open and update you once we hear from the author.

February 28, 2019 at 1:07 pm #3255433

yvonnev-6

Hi Lauren

Any news on this yet?

February 28, 2019 at 1:18 pm #3255464

Lauren
Supporter

The last internal notes we have show that we invited the author to join the Go Global program. I haven't seen that we have received a response. I will notify you here if we hear back and begin the development to make the plugins convertible.

February 28, 2019 at 1:53 pm #3255592

Lauren
Supporter

I just received notification that the plugin author has now joined the Go Global program, so this will put them in touch with our developers to work to get everything resolved. I'll keep you posted here as we make progress.

April 26, 2020 at 10:02 am #5995547

riikoV

Please add my voice to this as well. This thread is over a year old by now, but I see that not much have changed regarding LifterLMS and WPML compatibility.

July 29, 2021 at 7:53 pm #9311603

Lauren
Supporter

Author did not reply on our attempt to make the plugins compatible.