This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by adamP-25 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
October 1, 2018 at 12:48 pm #2778180

adamP-25

I probably found one of the reasons. I also have Booster plugin activated with Currency per Category. All products in shop I have with euro but templates category is in $.
So maybe there is any option to get that with your plugin:

In English language:
templates category in $
all others categories in Euros

In Polish language:
All categories in zł (pln)

October 1, 2018 at 1:08 pm #2778192

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi there,

Do you want to use a different currency by category, correct?

Apparently this is not possible with WPML, I also did not find the "Booster" plugin in our list of compatible plugins: https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/?wpv_view_count=119945&dev=0&wpv-plugin-functionality=0&wpv_post_search=booster&wpv_filter_submit=Search

The best option in this case is to create a new tests website, where we can reproduce the issue and do some tests, without modifying the live site.

I created a test website with a clean WordPress install. You can access it through this link:
hidden link - Through this link you will be automatically logged in.

This site already has WPML installed and some test products. Please configure the multi-currency for these products in the same way as your website. Then install the booster plugin to verify that the same problem occurs in this clean installation. After that I will run some tests to try to find a solution to the issue.

Please note that we only need the plugin, some dummy contentand the related functionality, you don't need to setup a entire website or clone your existing site.

This is our documentation related to Multi-currency
- https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/multi-currency-support-woocommerce/

Kind regards,
Diego

October 1, 2018 at 4:03 pm #2778678

adamP-25

Hi, thank you.

"Do you want to use a different currency by category, correct? "

Yes. I need:
In English language:
templates category in $

In Polish language:
All categories in zł

Ok I have done. I tested it on tshirts category. I installed also booster and.... on your website all works like above...
It looks like on my page booster is "upper" than WMPL(thats why on polish website I see $. I set in wpml zł for polish language but the booster is "higher" and it change to $). On your page the "higher in the hierarchy" is WPML (thats why on your polish webstie I see zł).

Have we got any solutions for that ?:)

October 2, 2018 at 12:25 pm #2781393

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi there,

Thanks for reproducing the issue. Apparently it's working ok in the original language, but not in the translation. You can check these links:
- hidden link
- hidden link

The English version displays the currency defined by the booster (I modified it for BLR), but the translation still displays the original currency.

Is the main language of your website English or Polish? The booster is apparently only applied in the original language, maybe the cause is this.

If you want, I can send this ticket to our compatibility team, who will contact the authors of the plugin to make it compatible with WPML.

Kind regards,
Diego

October 2, 2018 at 3:46 pm #2782161

adamP-25

Hi Diego,

"Thanks for reproducing the issue. Apparently it's working ok in the original language, but not in the translation. You can check these links:
- hidden link
- hidden link"

And that is how it should works on my webstie!:) I want exacly the same - I want to change only original currency to $ in templates category. Look at screen how it looks now.

Main language in my website is English.

One more time:
I need:
In English language:
templates category in $
(and all works ok with booster )

In Polish language:
All categories in zł
(there is a problem, some products in templates have zł some $)

October 3, 2018 at 12:55 pm #2784614

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there,

Please try the following:
- Change temporarily to a default theme
- Disable both plugins (WPML, WCML and booster)
- Re-enable the WPML/WCML plugins and after that the Booster plugin
- Do a small modification on the booster plugin settings and save
- Test with the default theme (you will be able to switch back to your theme after that)

Does that solve the issue?

Regards,
Diego

October 3, 2018 at 1:10 pm #2784634

adamP-25

Hi,

no 🙁 Still doesn't work

October 3, 2018 at 7:20 pm #2785504

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there,

In this case, Please send us access to your WordPress dashboard (website URL, login and password) I'll check and do some tests. - Please use the private field to send the sensitive data - do not post if you do not see it.

It would be better if you give me a test site rather than the live site.

IMPORTANT Please backup a working copy of site files and database before.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this please install a plugin called “Duplicator” and "Migrate Guru" on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Please let me know if this is ok for you.

Regards,
Diego

October 3, 2018 at 8:43 pm #2785729

adamP-25

Hi,

Im really sorry but I can't give you user and pass to our live website becouse of our privacy policy. We have data of our customers and links to downloadable files. Is there any option to duplicate site and delete all important datas?

One more think - I noticed that when I uninstall Booster and install it again I have the same settings. Settings of booster are not deleted. I also deleted booster line from wp_option. Maybe thats the reason why your first method doesn't work?

October 4, 2018 at 12:52 pm #2787537

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there,

I understand. As a alternative, you can try the following:
- Backup the website
- Create a staging version of the website on your server
- Apply the steps described here to remove the personal data. : https://wpml.org/documentation/privacy-policy-and-gdpr-compliance/how-to-remove-personal-information-from-your-database-for-support/ - do NOT apply this on the main/live website
- Send us the credentials of the staging website

IMPORTANT: Please backup your site first before making any change, this is important for security reasons.

Regarding the plugin data on the database, if the plugin does not have an option to delete the data after the deactivation, the only exit is to delete the data manually. please take a look at this link: hidden link

Regards,
Diego

October 8, 2018 at 5:08 pm #2796999

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks! Here is what I found on the website:
- In English language, the templates are displayed in USD, and the Accessories in EUR
- In Polish language, most of the products are displayed in USD. Only the Acessories and this product (hidden link) are displayed on zł.
- It seems that only few products are translated to the polish language. THe posts that are not translated yet will display the price of original language

Please try the following:
- Go to Plugins > All Plugins and disable the booster plugin
- Go to Woocommerce > Woocommerce Multilingual > Settings > Product Translation Interface and set it as Native WooCommerce product editing screen
- Go to Products > All products and create a new translation for a product that was not translated yet
- On the translation edit screen, click on "Copy content from english language" and save
- Check the product page on the Polish language. It should display the zł currency.
- Activate the booster plugin again. The product will keep displaying the zł currency, even with the plugin activated

These steps worked on this product: hidden link

Please let me know if it worked for you.

Regards,
Diego

October 9, 2018 at 8:24 am #2798878

adamP-25

Thanks! It works:) do you have any idea to do this fast for all 100 products?:)

October 9, 2018 at 4:44 pm #2801181

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there,

For the duplication step you can try the "Bulk Duplicate" option on the Translation management screen. But you still need to go to each product and click on the "Translation Independently". Please test with only a few products first.

Please make sure to disable the Booster plugin before creating/duplicating products, you can enable it later.

IMPORTANT: Please backup your site first before making any change, this is important for security reasons.

Regards,
Diego

October 10, 2018 at 8:45 pm #2805768

adamP-25

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!