Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue
Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that
Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.
If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page
This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.
Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.
This topic is split from https://wpml.org/forums/topic/custom-flag-not-uploading-to-database/
This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.
How to translate header adds in the newspaper theme
Since this is a theme string, we need to register it as admin string. You would do it like this:
- WPML -> string translation -> Translate texts in admin screens » (bottom)
- While there, Locate ( a bit cryptic name) td_011
-- within td_011, there is td_ads where You need to select header -> ad_code ( you can recognise by the code which it contains)
- Put a checkmark next to it and then on the top of this page, click "Export selected strings as a WPML config file that can be added to themes or plugins" and wait for a few seconds
- you will see some XML code being generated, in our case it was this one:
<wpml-config> <admin-texts> <key name="td_011"> <key name="td_ads"> <key name="header"> <key name="ad_code"/> </key> </key> </key> </admin-texts> </wpml-config>
- Put this code into WPML -> settings -> Custom XML configuration
- You can find this code within string translation now and Translate it accordingly