This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.
How to translate header adds in the newspaper theme
Since this is a theme string, we need to register it as admin string. You would do it like this:
- WPML -> string translation -> Translate texts in admin screens » (bottom)
- While there, Locate ( a bit cryptic name) td_011
-- within td_011, there is td_ads where You need to select header -> ad_code ( you can recognise by the code which it contains)
- Put a checkmark next to it and then on the top of this page, click "Export selected strings as a WPML config file that can be added to themes or plugins" and wait for a few seconds
- you will see some XML code being generated, in our case it was this one:
<wpml-config> <admin-texts> <key name="td_011"> <key name="td_ads"> <key name="header"> <key name="ad_code"/> </key> </key> </key> </admin-texts> </wpml-config>
- Put this code into WPML -> settings -> Custom XML configuration
- You can find this code within string translation now and Translate it accordingly
This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.
Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.
This topic is split from https://wpml.org/forums/topic/custom-flag-not-uploading-to-database/