This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 34 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
July 18, 2019 at 11:14 pm #4242539

hlaingM

Hi,

I separately deactivated "advanced custom fields for classipress" and "CP Addons" one by one. I found that it does NOT fix the issue (i.e. the field values are still NOT displaying "translation" when the 2nd language is switched ON.

I am NOT able to find "Advanced Custom Fields Multilingual (WPML Add-on)? Could you please direct me to that plugin? Thanks.

July 19, 2019 at 7:30 am #4244567

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

To know if this works on your current site (not the sandbox site you have, since i just checked it and it seems to be working there so i suppose you're talking about your current site)

You need to deactivate the child theme and leave the original theme. Then create a new ad from the default language directly.

The old ones posts are not really a good example because they have other issues at database level (mentioned on the old tickets), so they might not work there.

you can find ACFML (Advanced Custom Posts Multilingual) in here: https://wpml.org/account/downloads/#acfml

Regards

July 19, 2019 at 9:54 am #4245523

hlaingM

Hi,

I installed ACFML and tested it. I do not understand the point of using this plugin? That plugin did not fix the issue. Were you saying that ACFML can fix the issue?

hidden link

So I tested using both the child and parent theme. My finding is that even with the child theme, the field value displays (in this example, "Pet & Animal") the translation when the 2nd language switch is ON while the "Advanced Custom Fields for ClassiPress" is deactivated.

Thanks.

July 19, 2019 at 11:54 am #4246187

Alejandro
Supporter

Ok, so please check this video where i troubleshoot the problem Live, please watch it:
hidden link

The problem comes from advanced custom fields for classipress but i think you don't really need it anymore (the description of the plugin says i's for 3.2 to 2.5 and your theme version is 4.X)

So the next steps here is:

- ask your theme support if that plugins is needed, if it's not, delete it from your site and your sandbox

Please note: Since your main site has a few other issues we can't test it there yet, until we hae a solution for the problem in the sandbox.

After we know if the advanced custom fields for classipress plugin is not needed, then we can try to figure out what's going on, on your site.

I'll give you then the instructions you need to follow in order to determine what is going on your main site, but let's focus on this problem first and let's have an answer for what i asked you above first.

I'm doing this to avoid any more confusion on both parts. This is a highly complex problem and we need to solve it step by step (and i'm confident we will get to the bottom of the issue).

In the meantime i wanted to tell you that our developers managed to talk to the classipress developers and they are collaborating on makin their themes compatible with WPML.

Regards.

July 21, 2019 at 10:36 am #4252091

hlaingM

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

The Advanced Custom Fields for classipress (ACFCP) plugin is needed for my site. It enables the restriction of the data input (for instance, for currency, you want the users to enter the number ONLY. Otherwise, things will get messy when data are filtered. For dates, the data can be entered in the date format, etc.) The theme lacks those kinds of features which the plugin supplements.

On the theme webpage, it claims to be compatible with the WPML plugin and the latest theme version (classipress 4+). You can see it at the theme website link below.
hidden link

It is a great news that the theme developer(s) is working collaboratively with the WPML developers. Those issues need to be sorted out. Otherwise, the future users of the apptheme themes who will purchase the WPML will encounter the same issues. The classipress recently released the new version (+4) whose compatibility the theme developers did not test with the WPML. No wonder there are several issues regarding the compatibility between the theme and the plugin.

Thanks.

July 22, 2019 at 7:03 am #4254229

Alejandro
Supporter

I understand, thanks for the information. and yes, the theme is (or was) compatible up to version 3.4.5, which was last tested on 2016.

However, i sent this case to our developers and i'm waiting on their answer before i can change the status of this ticket.

I'll keep you updated.

July 22, 2019 at 3:09 pm #4259133

Alejandro
Supporter

I just wanted to tell you that our developers haven't got an answer for me yet but they started to work on this ticket's request.

I'll keep you updated.

July 23, 2019 at 2:44 am #4262293

hlaingM

Thank you for your message. Awaiting the responses. Thanks.

July 23, 2019 at 12:30 pm #4265951

Alejandro
Supporter

Our compatibility team is taking a look at the issue now so i'm changing the status of this ticket. you don't need to answer the ticket for now. I'll update you as soon as the compatibility ticket gives me an answer.

Regards.

July 29, 2019 at 4:34 pm #4301899

Alejandro
Supporter

It seems this theme is not compatible with the "Display As translated Option" (the option that allows you to just show the content from the other language even when it's not translated)

so that explains why you keep having so many problems with it. our compatibility team informed the authors about this and we hope we can get a solution for this soon.

Regards.

July 31, 2019 at 9:06 am #4313135

hlaingM

Hi, thank you for your update and explanations. I don't think the developers tested this new major release of (+4 version) of the theme for its compatibility with the WPML.

Thank you very much for your help and I will wait to hear back from you on this.

July 31, 2019 at 9:55 am #4313397

Alejandro
Supporter

It's my pleasure. i'll update you as soon as i have more information on the matter. for now i'm changing the status of this ticket to let them stay open until we fix this problem.

Regards.

August 6, 2019 at 5:23 pm #4349721

hlaingM

Hi,

I have a question. As of now, there are issues with submission of ads at the front-end via "post an ad" while the 2nd language is switched ON.

Given that, at this moment, how can I make sure that the ads fall back to the English contents if the ad posters switch ON the 2nd language is switched while submitting an ad? Since the other parts such as ad-categories displays are fine, I would like to keep those other parts intact but "temporarily" deactivate the submission of an ad using the 2nd language.

Thank you for your time. Awaiting your answer.

August 7, 2019 at 9:23 am #4353143

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Hello there,

Alejandro is not available and I would like to update you during his absence.

As this moment the only solution available is to create your adds manually. I've read all your ticket and I think it may be a different issue. As I may have missed some details, please, feel free to open a new ticket where we can analyze this new issue and keep this one for the issue already reported.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
Andrés

August 7, 2019 at 7:22 pm #4357675

hlaingM

Hi, thank you for offering to assist me. This requires a lot of explanations and going back and forth. Since Alejandro has been helping me with the last 3 tickets, he is quite familiar with my site and setup. As a result, the response might just need a few lines.

Because of this, I would rather wait for him to assist me with this for the sake of saving time on both sides. Thank you.