This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 4.22 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 34 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
August 8, 2019 at 4:59 am #4359633

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Thank you for your understanding. 🙂
Alejandro will be back next week and he will continue with your tickets.

August 19, 2019 at 3:04 pm #4417029

hlaingM

Hi, I would like to follow up on the status of the availability of Alejandro who helped me with the last 3 tickets and was familiar with my site.

Thank you.

August 20, 2019 at 7:25 am #4421027

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello!

I asked our developers for a workaround or at least a suitable API Function or Hook that could help you out in the meantime. this would be a custom solution and we might not be able to support it fully (we can help you with information and by pointing you to the right direction, though) but if i recall correctly you have a developer that is helping you out so it shouldn't really matter.

I'll get back to you as soon as the developer replies and i'll start searching myself for a suitable function or hook

Regards.

August 20, 2019 at 6:40 pm #4426003

hlaingM

Hi, thank you for your reply. But, I am not sure if you were responding to the following question that is slightly different from the original issue opened for this ticket????

[I have a question. As of now, there are issues with submission of ads at the front-end via "post an ad" while the 2nd language is switched ON.

Given that, at this moment, how can I make sure that the ads fall back to the English contents if the ad posters switch ON the 2nd language is switched while submitting an ad? Since the other parts such as ad-categories displays are fine, I would like to keep those other parts intact but "temporarily" deactivate the submission of an ad using the 2nd language.]

August 21, 2019 at 7:09 am #4428397

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

Our developers just told me they are still working with the authors to fix this problem and unfortunately they still don't have updates on this.

They did, however, recommend a WPML hook that you can use in order to temporarily fix the last issue you requested (Making sure the content falls back to English).

You can use this hook: https://wpml.org/wpml-hook/wpml_set_element_language_details/

As you can see, with this hook you can change many aspects of the post type (in your case "ads").

Maybe you can use this hook alongside the hooks from this thread: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/custom-query-looping-through-languages/

This way you can loop into the burmese language ads and then set "source_language_code" to NULL and "language_code" to "en".

This is actually considered custom coding so we won't be able to support that and we won't be able to build the code for you but if you have specific questions about the hooks, we can try to answer them as clear as possible.

Regards.