This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
June 13, 2019 at 8:29 pm #4016865

silmikko

Hi Andreas,

This seems to fix the issue. Thank you for that. Then I have also another issue. Please take a look at the screenshots.

I'm using Elementor Pro to build the site. Now, every time there is a change in the translation, the page structure gets "broken". Nothing too big but something I need to fix each time.

1. The hero image moves downwards. This is how it should be hidden link
This is how it turns out hidden link

2. I have a price "tables". This is how it should should be hidden link.
This is how it turns out hidden link

I don't really know what happens when these issues occure. Sometimes all it takes is just to visit the translated page at the backend (no changes done) and after that the page is broken as shown is the screen shots. Not sure if this happens on some other page but on this one I still have a lot to do before it's ready.

Cheers,

Mikko

June 13, 2019 at 8:38 pm #4016875

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

Please verify that all plugins are up-to-date. Updates for WPML and its add-ons can be found at Plugins -> Add new -> Commercial -> Search for updates.
On the provided debug information I can see that you are using WooCommerce but out WooCommerce Multilingual Add-On is not listed. In case you did not install it please consoder using this plugin when working with WooCommerce and WPML.
(not linked to the issue)

Afterwards, in order to solve the design issue, could you please increase your Memory Limit and WP Memory limit to 256M? 128M is the minimum required by WPML.
Your current values are:

MemoryLimit 512M
WP Memory Limit 128M
Add this code to your wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/* Memory Limit /
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

Paste it just before:

/ That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. /

These settings can be limited directly by your hosting provider, so I recommend you to contact and ask them to modify them directly.
If you can get even higher values It would be great.

https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
Note: WPML needs a minimum WP Memory limit of 128M to work only under a minimal environment, it means,
with a default theme and not other plugins installed.

In case this change will not solve the issue we might have to try to run the site in minimal setup to see if the issue persists?

Please disable any additional plugin that is not related to WPML and its add-ons. If the issue disappears please start reactivating any plugins, or activate them in small groups. This way please verify at which points the issue appears again to indicate the plugin that is causing the issue.

Also please change to a default theme like TwentySeventeen to see if the issue might be theme related.

Further, you could enable the wp-debug feature to see if there are any current PHP errors given.

Add the following to your wp-config.php file:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

If you open wp-config.php and that define statement is not there, you can add it right before this line:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

You will be able to find a complete report inside of your wp-content folder. Look for a debug.log file and provide me the results.

More information about how to activate this feature you can find here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Kind regards
Andreas

June 14, 2019 at 11:55 am #4021093

silmikko

Hi Andreas

PHP limit is already something like 768M. I think that should be enough. WooCommerce plugin is not installed since WooCommerce shop is not translated. We only sell products with our language and just domestic.

Have to try debug. That's something that didn't cross my mind. If this doesn't help, then I will deactivate the plugins and go that way.

WPML plugins are up to date.

Cheers,

mikko

June 14, 2019 at 4:47 pm #4023099

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Yes, the PHP Memory Limit is fine, but did you adjust the WP Memory Limit as recommended?

If not, add this code to your wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/* Memory Limit /
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
Paste it just before:

/ That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. /

Further, please make shure that all plugins and the theme are up-to-date and check the wp-debug feature and let me know about the results. If the issue will not be solved I would like to have a look at the page.

Kind regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] Split: Design issues on translate page with Elementor PRO’ is closed to new replies.