Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 4.61 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 2 years, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
April 8, 2019 at 4:58 am #3554227

robertE-6

I am awaiting your response to my support query above. However, there is another issue, one that relates to the set-up. It may be part of the same issue. I have been in touch with my hosting company and have pasted their response below (I have been hosting with this company for about 15 years and they are generally very good):

Hi Heart Internet Support,

I am in the progress of translating the website. However, I see this error - anything you can advise?

WPML
It looks like languages per directories will not function. Details

This can be a result of either:

WordPress is installed in a directory (not root) and you're using default links.
URL rewriting is not enabled in your web server.
The web server cannot write to the .htaccess file
How to fix
When WPML accesses hidden link it gets:
cURL error 56: Failure when receiving data from the peer

The expected value is:
<!--hidden link;

ANSWER

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the update. Generally this is due to a loopback the plugin is causing on the server, which we disallow due to security concerns.

In past cases plugin developers have been able to provide alternatives for such instances. Have you been in touch with them?

WPML - keen to get both issues resolved.
Thanks - Rob

April 8, 2019 at 5:02 am #3554229

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Rob,

Sometimes the error is a false error. I have checked the directory validation link it seems to be working fine hidden link.

Please Ignore the error and start using the directory URL option for languages.
Let me know if there is any other issue.

Kind regards
Raja