This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Michela 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
May 22, 2018 at 12:20 pm #2208018

Michela

I did what you suggested. It seems now the plugin is updated to the last version. I have another issue with WPML and I am not sure if I need another ticket for this. On the same website hidden link I have mismatched layout from the English and Italian home page. I refer to the front end only. In the WP dashboard everything is showing fine. On the front end, the English page misses some elements (image slide with signature in the slider and a page I've added in the footer), some blog posts are missing too from the blog page and the homepage shows elements I've never design (such square social icons buttons). The Italian home page on the other hand has no problems. I've contacted the hosting service (one.com) and asked to disable their own cache. They did. I've cleaned wpml cache, too. Nothing happened. From the hosting service customer support I've been told that they suspect a WPLM problem. I use Divi theme (also contacted them and they entered and check in WP). No problems from their side but they suspect a cache problem from the hosting side. If I dectivate the plugin the problem is still there. Can you please help me to figure out this?

May 22, 2018 at 12:32 pm #2208040

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello Michela,

Could you please send me some screenshots of the exact problem locations (front-end and WP dashboard)? This will speed up the process

Also, please send me access to your WordPress dashboard (admin login and password) or a copy of your website using Duplicator. I can try to reproduce the issue on my local server.

IMPORTANT:Backup your website and use the private field to send sensitive data.

All the best,
Diego

May 22, 2018 at 7:51 pm #2211505

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi @michela,

I went to your website and it seemed that most of the issues have already been solved. Could you confirm this? Sometimes the cache takes a while to be deleted and this may have resolved the issues.

Here is what I found:
- Slider is working ok with the signature, in both languages
- Social icons are ok and aligned, in both languages
- Footer link ok in both languages

Also, from what I've checked, these issues are related to the Divi page builder on the translated pages.

To show the lastest posts in all blog languages, you need to translate or duplicate the post in the new language. Here is a guide to how duplicate a post, this way you can display a post in both languages even if it is not yet translated.: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/using-content-duplication/

Please let me know if everything is resolved and if I can help with something else.

All the best,
Diego

May 23, 2018 at 7:39 am #2212971

Michela

Hi Diego, from the front end point of view the problem is still there. If you visit the website with no wp login, with another browser for example, you see it. I have checked it, cleaning the cache to all my browsers and checked from computers and mobile phones that visit the website for the first time and nothing changed. Regarding what you say here "Also, from what I've checked, these issues are related to the Divi page builder on the translated pages." Can you please let me know what do you mean with that? In this way I can be more specific with the Divi dev from their support. In case of hidden link the issues are affecting the English version and not the translated one. I have the impression here that it's a problem of cache conflict since in the backend everything is ok. I am going to do what you suggest for the posts language settings and I let you know.
All the best,
Michela

May 23, 2018 at 12:45 pm #2215357

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi @michela,

I checked your website again, and the problem really only occurs when accessed without logging in. Usually this kind of issue are related to the cache, but you said it's already disabled.

However, by accessing the browser console I noticed a javascript error related to Divi (see screenshot - the prefix et means that it is a Divi element, which seems to be related to the shadow box of some element). I think this is causing the issue.

Please contact the Divi support again, send this screenshot and mention that the error occurs only without being logged into the website.

If you need any help from me, I am also available.

All the best,
Diego

May 28, 2018 at 1:59 pm #2239057

Michela

Thank you Diego for your help! I've closed the issue. From Elegant Themes they gave me instructions on how to fix the java script error although they said that this error can't affect the content since all content is stored in database and loaded on the page before this error appear. So I think at this point it's a server problem...All the best, Michela