This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Cristina 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Cristina.

Author Posts
January 18, 2018 at 3:25 pm #1488743

chris

Hi,
Has this been fixed yet? I'm having the same issue with Smart offers, all my upsells are displayed in the default language (english) rather than the translated languages.

Thanks,
Chris

January 18, 2018 at 3:39 pm #1488766

Cristina

Hello Chris,

I have split the ticket to a new one to handle issues separately.

The compatibility team is still in contact with the author to make the plugin compatible with WPML. Unfortunately, this collaboration process is still not finished.

The time required to make the plugin compatible with WPML depends on the availability and willingness of the authors to work with our team. Sometimes, for a variety of reasons, this may take a lot of time.

So as for now, this has not been solved yet.

I am sorry for that.

Kind regards,

Cristina

January 19, 2018 at 12:18 pm #1489828

chris

Hi Cristina,

The Smart offers devs say they are in touch, but unable to figure out what changes need to be made to make it work. I have a staging site with the plugin and the translations already setup but just not working as expected, if you enable the private share maybe one of the WPML devs can have a look and figure out what change needs to be made to make it work? This would greatly expedite the issue as for now we are stuck and can't proceed with our localisation work.

Thanks,
Chris

January 19, 2018 at 12:42 pm #1489861

Cristina

Hello Chris,

thanks for the feedback, maybe this ticket can push the process forward to compatibility.

I am enabling the private reply box for you. I would then check this and if you give your permission also make a thin snapshot of the site to pass along as test case to the compatibility team.

If you prefer it, you can also link a duplicator file, so I would then just dowload that, install it and see the issue before escalating it to the compatibility team.

The team will try to find a workaround and provide it for you, but this will be done only if it is a minor and harmless change that does not affect the correct function of the site.

Kind regards,
Cristina

January 22, 2018 at 11:07 am #1491776

Cristina

Hello Chris,

thanks for the details and the duplicate. I have created a new case and added the mention to the existing one.

As soon as I have any feedback on this I will forward it to you.

I have asked the systems team to remove the recipients that are not part of this ticket, but the private response is private only for you and the WPML staff.

Kind regards,
Cristina

January 22, 2018 at 11:14 am #1491790

chris

Thanks Cristina, I look forward to your update as we can't go live with our upsells until that is fixed.

Best regards,
Chris

February 6, 2018 at 10:19 am #1508296

chris

Hi,
Any update from the compatibility team or Smart Offers regarding this?

Have they managed to find the cause of the issue?

Thanks,
Chris

February 20, 2018 at 9:58 am #1523285

Cristina

Hello Chris,

sorry to inform you that we have not yet received any feedback from the author on this.

I checked if manually adding the product ID of the french product to the text version of the offer would help as a workaround, but this did not solve it.

I am afraid that there is no solution for this at the moment.

Kind regards,
Cristina

February 20, 2018 at 10:06 am #1523294

chris

Hi Cristina,

Whats the bottleneck to getting this fixed? Is it Storeapps developers not responding to your communications? Have you contacted them, have they not replied? What needs to happen next to get this fixed?

It's been a month now and we can still not go forward with our project..

Thanks,
Chris

February 20, 2018 at 10:28 am #1523344

Cristina

Hello Chris,

the compatibility team has been contacting the authors first time last summer, and then since november and again in January, but the author did not reply anymore to the last communication. I think there were some technical discrepancies about how to proceed.

So maybe you could consider to create different independent coupons for each language in the cases where you need to create different conditions for each language offer.

The other option would be to customize the plugin for your needs and create a customized solution for your site.

I am really sorry for that and I understand the implications for you, but at the moment this does not move forward.

At this point I would suggest you consider contacting one of our certified partners from this link:http://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-contractors/

You will get the custom assistance you need to get on with your project.

Kind regards,
Cristina

February 20, 2018 at 10:40 am #1523368

chris

Ok I will ask StoreApps, the developers of Smart offers why they have not responded to your devs so you can resume communications and so we can get the changes they suggested implemented.

Thanks,
Chris

February 20, 2018 at 11:01 am #1523427

Cristina

Hi Chris,

thanks, please update with any feedback you get from them.

Kind regards,
Cristina

March 12, 2018 at 10:38 am #1543302

chris

Hi,
Quick update, StoreApps have let me know they are working on this now and have gotten in touch with your team and are standing by for further guidance.

Let me know once the issue is fixed.

Thanks,
Chris

April 23, 2018 at 12:12 pm #1767035

chris

Hi,

I just got this email from StoreApps:

Hi Chris,

After a long discussion with WPML team we have arrived at a decision that current version of Smart Offers is already compatible with WPML.
But since it is not working for you correctly, WPML team have asked you to contact them via their forum from here: https://wpml.org/

So please contact WPML team and let them know about this.
Also keep me updated too.

Thank you for your patience in this.
Have a good day ahead 🙂

Whats happening with this, as it is clearly not working on my site and it's been 4 months now. Both WPML and Storeapps have staging access to our website, are you able to get this to work if its compatible? Please get in touch so we can get this working.

Thanks,
Chris

April 23, 2018 at 12:27 pm #1767448

Cristina

Hello Chris,

I have transmitted your feedback to the devs asking for further steps and will come back to you asap.

Kind regards,
Cristina

The topic ‘[Closed] Split: Does not display correct Smart Offers translation on Cart and Checkout’ is closed to new replies.