Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I can't duplicate a page if the role of the user is set to "editor"

Solution: This used to be a WPML restriction which was fixed in WPML 4.2.7.1

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 5 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
March 25, 2019 at 7:26 am #3450057

mikaS-3

Hi,

I have same problem, editors can't duplicate because of editor permissions. Admins can.

Workaround would be appreciated since this is long standing issue and should be fixed sooner than later!

Thank You!

Br,
Mika

March 25, 2019 at 7:29 am #3450063

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

First of all, sorry for the delay, but please try to open a new ticket instead of answering one that is already started, sometimes new replies from people other than the ticket's author are lost (that's why i didn't answer sooner).

I just asked our developers if they could provide us a workaround for this although i believe that for now, the only one is to change the role of your users, maybe to "author", could you try that while i wait for our devs to get back at me?

Thanks!

April 1, 2019 at 4:41 pm #3510171
Jean-Francois Ranger

Hello WPML sipport !!

We have the same problem, here are the details hidden link !!!
- I'm already a adminitrator (and not Editor)
- Latest version of all WPML plugins are installed.

New threads created by Alejandro and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-split-duplicate-post-isnt-working-for-editors/

April 3, 2019 at 3:41 pm #3528299

heliA-2

Solution: install the "Members"-Plugin and assign "wpml_manage_languages"-capability to the editor.

June 19, 2019 at 6:18 pm #4053839

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Hi there,

I just wanted to let you know that the problem is fixed in our newest release, you can update now and the problem will be solved!

Regards