This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
June 11, 2019 at 2:22 pm #3996095

steinthor-rafnM

Hi, that worked to resolve the image box issue so big thanks for that. Now we are getting somewhere. I have a few problems still remaining. One is that when I go into products images don't appear in the translated version. also when I press the products tab from anywhere while browsing products it reverts to icelandic again. The second problem is that when I enter a product the translated content does not appear and images and info for salesperson are missing. See Screenshots. This is all content set up in with toolset views.

June 11, 2019 at 11:07 pm #3998803

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

I wanted to let you know that I am still investigating about this issue as this topic is new for me.

I can see that there are Toolset templates available for translation when going to Translation Management. Could you please try to translate them and let me know if this solves the issue?

More detailed information here:
https://toolset.com/documentation/translating-sites-built-with-toolset/

Let me know if this worked out.

Kind regards
Andreas

June 13, 2019 at 3:58 am #4009205

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Take note that Views, Content Templates, and Toolset forms include HTML, text, and fields. You need to translate all of the “hard coded” texts that appear in them.
To translate them, we need to wrap the texts in wpml-string shortcodes.

You will need to wrap all texts in [wpml-string] shortcodes and translate them with String Translation.

More detailed information here:
https://toolset.com/documentation/translating-sites-built-with-toolset/

Let me know if this worked out.

Kind regards
Andreas

June 13, 2019 at 3:40 pm #4014735

steinthor-rafnM

I´ve tried translating the toolset templates but it had no effect. Im not looking to translate text inside the view outside of the fields themselves so I don't need to use the [wpml-string] shortcode, but I know how to do that. Right now translated content from the fields that have been translated inside the products custom posts is not appearing. Also Im having problem with images and other content not appearing. I want the translation to use the same content template just change the content from the custom fields. So far nothing and Ive tried both, using the same template and making a new one for the translation. The missing content inside products is a repeatable group with custom fields. The salesperson is a view that gathers information from the custom post starfsmenn and is connected through post relationship with the product post. the images missing from the archive is just a simple view.

June 17, 2019 at 4:23 pm #4036921

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I am sorry for the delay on answering to you request.

I have consulted the Toolset Team and they do have currently an open errata about this issues with repeatable field groups and they are currently working on a solution:

https://toolset.com/errata/translations-of-fields-in-repeatable-fields-groups-not-displayed-on-the-front-end/

Further, I am consulting our second tier support in order for further instructions about handling the issue. I will get back to you once I received feedback.

Kind regards,
Andreas

June 18, 2019 at 1:37 pm #4044117

steinthor-rafnM

Im working around the repeatable field group for the time being so if we can resolve the issue why the images and content from the staff view and the product view isn't coming through then Im good to go for now.

June 18, 2019 at 7:17 pm #4046169

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

If you go to WPML -> Settings -> post Type Translation you will see that the slugs for those post types were not translated yet. Please complete them. See screenshot.

Further, when visiting a staff memeber page on the WordPress Editor verify the Multilingual Content Setup at the bottom of the page. The staff custom fields were set to show as translated and the custom fields were set to "not translate".

Anyhow, it seems to me that custom fields are not visualized here on the orginal prudct neither and the issue persists if WPML is diasbled.

I would kindly like to ask you to recreate the issue with those custom fields on the following test site, simply to verify if the issue would exist also a a new installation of WordPress. If so I will be able escalate the issue to our compatibility team.

One Click Login: hidden link

Please make sure to create the custom posts and custom field sin English, in order for our developers to indicate the issue.

Let me know about the result.

Kind regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] Split: Elementor Pro – Images and sections not translated’ is closed to new replies.