This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by tiborA 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
September 25, 2019 at 3:25 pm #4640549

tiborA

Hi Andreas,

So, I should use the stable versions instead of the beta?
For the Woocommerce Multilingual I don't see any beta version. The latest is 4.6.7, which is already installed? (but if you confirm my first question, probably it's not necessary anymore).

Also, while we are this (but on the LIVE version), I have a problem with the featured image of a product. I duplicate a product on both languages, in English the featured image is correct, but on the second language the image is always the same. Am I missing some custom fields, or something? On staging version it works fine.

Thanks,
Tibor

September 25, 2019 at 6:32 pm #4641735

tiborA

Hi Andreas,

If you go to the Romanian language on the Shop page, you will see the same preview image for a lot of products. These are the ones I'm talking about.

The client adds new products by duplicating the existing ones. My supposition is that the product that is being duplicated has a problem...and this is now spread all over. I've tried an example a couple of hours ago with another product, and that worked out OK.

If you have time, please have a look anyway.

Thanks,
Tibor

September 25, 2019 at 6:36 pm #4641743

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

I am writing to you to let you know that I a reviewing the issue on your site and I am about to investigate the issue.

I have added the following code line to the wp-config.php as the site does not meet the minimum requirements to run WPML

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

It seems that somehow those changes are not being accepted, as WordPress still shows 40MB of limit.

hidden link

These settings can be limited directly by your hosting provider, so I recommend you to contact and ask them to modify them directly. If you can get even higher values for PHP Memory Limit and WP Memory Limit it would be great. Make sure that the PHP Memory Limit is higher than the WP Memory Limit.

https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
Note: WPML needs a minimum WP Memory limit of 128M to work only under a minimal environment, it means, with a default theme and no other plugins installed.

At this point, I am not sure if this will solve the issue, but I can see that there are only some products affected by the issue, which does not make it look like a bug or compatibility issue- Did you recognize when the issue appeared the first time?

Kind regards
Andreas

September 25, 2019 at 6:42 pm #4641767

tiborA

Hi Andreas,

I think the issue appeared when we had the 404 problems. My client added some new products during that period of time. For now....I think we should wait until tomorrow. It's possible to have a "broken" product and my client duplicated that one multiple times. I've suggested to try a new way to add products. In my test it worked. So I will get back to you soon. Please leave this ticket open.

For the other suggestions, OK. I will contact the hosting provider.

Thanks!

September 27, 2019 at 12:42 am #4650713

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

I understand. As it works when new products are created it would be possibly the fastest way to recreate the affected products, as they are only a few.

The ticket will remain open for about 2 weeks.

Let me know if further assistance will be necessary.

Kind regards
Andreas

October 9, 2019 at 5:33 pm #4724919

tiborA

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!