This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
April 30, 2019 at 1:32 pm #3711437

vicente

Hi,

this morning I updated the woocommerce m ultilingual plugin to the latest version () and now seems that the traslations work again, i tried to edit, save and go to the front office an works fine, the only think still not working is the [featured_products per_page] only works in spanish, but not in english or italian.

April 30, 2019 at 1:37 pm #3711655

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

In our forum, we try to keep one issue per ticket.
Continuing with one ticket per issue helps not only supporters to focus on one issue at once, but also enables other users to find solutions to their questions faster. Therefore, I've split the other ticket and created a new ticket with this issue.

Could you please give me access to your site and explain to me how I can see the issue?
Please also explain to me how you are using the featured_products and per_page shortcodes.
I'm not familiar with the per_page shortcode, could you please explain to me also on this shortcode?

If you need further help with this, please share the access details to your site with me.
I'm enabling a private message for the next reply.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- - Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access. --

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 2, 2019 at 12:42 pm #3724615

vicente

Hi, sorry I don't read your question about shortcode, I'll try to explain to you.

i'm using the shortcode to show featured products on the home, i'll put the php code in child theme that I'm using.

previously I used

<?php echo do_shortcode( '[featured_products per_page="4" columns="4" orderby="rand" order="ASC"]' ); ?>

but how it doesn't work, now I'm using

<?php echo do_shortcode( '[sale_products per_page="4" columns="4" orderby="rand" order="ASC"]' ); ?>

the firs short code only shows the products that I mark with a star in the products page o backend, the new one show products most with other criteria.

you can see the codes in page that i put directly in the wordpress backend

here spanish that works
hidden link

and here the english doesn't work
hidden link

thanks

May 2, 2019 at 3:59 pm #3726393

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and thanks for the access details.

I'm sorry but I'm confused and still don't understand the issue.
Is the issue the featured_products shortcode or the sale_products shortcode?
When I check the Spanish page here.
hidden link
And English page here.
hidden link
And also check the backend I see that you are using the featured_products shortcode.
On the front-end, I can see on both pages products. So I do not understand what is not working. Please see the attached screenshots.
Can you please explain further?

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 2, 2019 at 4:20 pm #3726777

vicente

How you say, I used both short code in the page, but only fails the featured_products shortcode, I used both to check where was the fail in other languages, and if all shortcodes works appropriately.

It seems like the featured parameter wasn't save in other languages differents that default language

thanks

May 5, 2019 at 7:24 am #3741969

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and thanks for the extra details.

I've checked things on your site and searched our internal documentation for similar issues. I think that you might have a similar issue as was described on this ticket.
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/woocommerce-featured-products-are-visible-in-english-french-but-not-arabic/
The problem is that in the DB there is a term 'featured' which controls the featured product. If we are looking here at the same problem, then this term ('featured') is translated, and it shouldn't be. At the following link Ahmed, our second tier supporter provides a fix for this issue. The given query is specific to the other case. If you have the same issue on your site, then the query would need to be changed to match your DB. If you feel comfortable making adjustments in the DB, you can try and fix it according to the example given by Ahmed. Remember to take a full backup of the DB. But if you want me to help you with this, I'll need to access the DB of your site. For this, I'll need to install the Adminer script on your site. hidden link.
If needed, do you allow me to make those changes on your site?

**** Important! Please make a full site backup (files and DB) before you proceed with those steps****

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 5, 2019 at 7:25 am #3741977

Itamar
Supporter

Here is the direct link to the reply by Ahmed where the fix is provided.
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/woocommerce-featured-products-are-visible-in-english-french-but-not-arabic/page/2/#post-3262019

The topic ‘[Closed] Split: featured_products per_page are not working on transalions’ is closed to new replies.