Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

Strings from the Uncode (WPBakery) elements are not showing for translation in the Translation Editor.

Solution:

The Uncode theme is using its special WPBakery elements. The wpml-config.xml file for those elements was removed (to the request of the Uncode author), and therefore the elements are not translatable with WPML's Translation Editor.

From our side, currently, we can only suggest the following.

1. We have two files that need to be in the Uncode theme folders for things to work with WPML.

2. Copy those files from our GitHub repository here:

A. https://github.com/OnTheGoSystems/wpml-config/blob/master/uncode/wpml-config.xml

And here: B. https://github.com/OnTheGoSystems/wpml-config/blob/master/uncode-js_composer/wpml-config.xml

Place the A file in the wp-content/themes/uncode/ root folder. And the B file in /wp-content/plugins/uncode-JS_composer/ folder.

3. Now things should work with WPML, and you suppose to be able to use the Translation Editor and see the strings for translation.

This topic contains 21 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by torsten3d 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
March 29, 2019 at 6:07 pm #3493777

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+02:00)

Hi, Torsten.

I'm sorry. It seems that I've missed that you are waiting for my help on this issue.

Sure I'll help with that. Please share with the access to the site where this issue persists.
Please also explain to me where I can see the problem on your site.

If you need further help with this, please share the access details to your site with me.
I'm enabling a private message for the next reply.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- - Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access. --

Thanks,
Itamar.

March 29, 2019 at 7:35 pm #3494427

torsten3d

Hi Itamar,

thanks for your Support.
As said, this site is just a copy of the puplic client side.
I stopped all updates there, but copied this staging version for tests.

So the goal is to have a working and reproduce able workaround which i can transfer to the live-page.

Sorry - just saw after sending, that there were extra fields for that...
So i deletedt it here after sending and have to resend it in a new private message.

There is a "test" - page with two text blocks which aren't visible in translation editor. Neither the old or the new one. Also deleting and reading a new text block helps.

The problem is there for every uncode (WP Bakery) Text Block. All other elements seem to work. It just seem to be not registered for WPML.

hidden link

Best regards
Torsten

March 30, 2019 at 11:55 am #3498241

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and thanks for the extra details.

I've not sure you have removed the access details. In any case, I set again now a private message for the next reply.

Note: I do not have the access details to any of your sites. We do not keep them if previous tickets are marked as resolved.

Regards,
Itamar.

April 1, 2019 at 12:22 pm #3507767

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and thanks for the access details.

The files that you have placed in the locations that I've mentioned were not the correct files. It is not clear to me which files you have places there. In any case, I've renamed the wrong files to alt-wpml-config.xml and uploaded the correct files. Then when I wanted to check if the files are doing their job, I get 500 error for your site. I don't think that it is related to the files I've uploaded. In any case, I've removed them, but the problem persists.
Could you please check your site and see why it is not available now?

Thanks,
Itamar.

April 1, 2019 at 4:00 pm #3509905

torsten3d

Hi Itamar,

i switched debug info on:
Here is the message i got:

Fatal error: Interface 'IWPML_Action' not found in /var/www/vhosts/wagnergraphics.de/hirsch.wagnergraphics.de/wp-content/plugins/wpml-media-translation/classes/class-wpml-media.php on line 6

Best regards
Torsten

April 2, 2019 at 3:26 pm #3518711

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and thanks for checking this issue.

I've disabled the Media Translation plugin through the FTP connection, and I could log in.
Then I've activated WPML and also the Media Translation plugin. The fatal error does not happen anymore.

Now I was able to place the Uncode wpml-config.xml files in their place (I've changed the other wpml-cinfig.xml files to alt-wpml-config.xml) and things are working as expected now. The Uncode elements show in WPML's Translation Editor. Please see the attached screenshot.

You might need to make a small change in the original page and update it to see the elements on the Translation Editor. A small change can even be just a space in one of the elements.

Please let me know if it is working for you as expected now?

Regards,
Itamar.

April 2, 2019 at 9:20 pm #3520899

torsten3d

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!