This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
March 4, 2019 at 9:48 pm #3270672

salvadorO-3

Good afternoon,

I have two problems:

1) The Traslator management is not active. I have uninstalled it and I have reinstalled it, I have deleted the key and I have activated the product again without being able to solve the problem.

2) How can I clone a language? I explain my problem: I have the web in Spanish and Valencian. Valencian is very similar to Catalan, which is in the list of languages. I would like to clone this language from "ca" to "va" since this code can not be changed. What I intend is to have all translations of Catalan into Valencian and only modify what does not correspond.

Thank you

#########################################################

Buenas tardes,

Tengo dos problemas:

1) El Traslator management, no está activo. Lo he desinstaladlo y lo he vuelto a instalar, he borrado la key y he vuelto a activar el producto sin conseguir solucionar el problema.

2) ¿Como puedo clonar un idioma? Explico mi problema: Tengo la web en Castellano y en Valenciano. El Valenciano es muy similar al Catalán, que si que está en la lista de idiomas. Querría clonar este idioma de "ca" a "va" ya que no se puede cambiar este código. Lo que pretendo es tener todas las traducciones del catalán en el valenciano y modificar únicamente lo que no corresponda.

Muchas gracias

March 4, 2019 at 9:55 pm #3270696

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

In our forum, we try to keep one issue per ticket.
Continuing with one ticket per issue helps not only supporters to focus on one issue at once, but also enables other users to find solutions to their questions faster. Therefore, I've split the other ticket and created a new ticket with this issue.

To achieve that you need to create the Valencian language (custom language)and then follow our instructions on how to display untranslated content using content duplication. Please read about it in our documentation here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/using-content-duplication/

Please let me know if this information is helpful to you.

Thanks,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] Split: How to duplicate content into another language?’ is closed to new replies.