This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.98 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
April 29, 2019 at 11:05 pm #3706889

hugog-7

Not sure what we did that was custom. The only thing we changed was changing the language from saying SPANISH to Haz clic aqui para Español in the Language settings area in WPML. We wanted the language switcher to say something other than just Spanish. Is that what you're referring to? Should I switch it back to say Spanish / English?

String translation is working now! I was able to successfully update that without the Spanish side reverting to English not sure what was different, but thank you.

The other priority I'm having difficulty with that we need to resolve before launch is changing the logo to spanish. I've updated this through the media translator and it doesn't seem to be taking. any ideas?

April 29, 2019 at 11:15 pm #3706897

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

In order to translate the logo you will need to use String Translation.

Each media file as an ID which is displayed in it's media attachment site URL, inside of your Media Library.

You should be able to locate a string for this item ID by going to String Translation and selecting the option "translate texts in admin screens" at the bottom of the page.
Here search for the theme options and locate the string for the logo. MArk the checkbox and scroll to the bottom to apply.

The string should now be available on String Translation and you only need to translate the item ID into the ID for the logo in second language.

Let me know if you need any assistance. I have enabled your next message to be private in order to provide access.

Kind regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] Split: How to translate the site logo’ is closed to new replies.