Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
February 15, 2019 at 9:13 am #3203641

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hello

With regards to: "And now I see that with the new update of WPML it´s not possible anymore to translate pages without the translation editor! How will I translate pages if my theme is not compatible with the translation editor??·

The place to turn off the WPML Translation Editor has changed with new version. You can now do this from within the editor view of the post.
- enter the edit of any page
- look on the right sidebar
- You will see a new option to turn off WPML Translation Editor
- Once you select this, it will ask if you want to apply this change to just this page, to the post type , or to the whole site.

Do you see this? In this way, you can still use manual translations as we talked about before. Unfortunately, I don´t have any response for you with ATE.

Once you have verified that you can confidently switch editing mode on/off do you agree to close this topic as it has become very long.

We can do further work on a new ticket if needed.

February 15, 2019 at 4:41 pm #3206039

judithV-7

Hi Yvette, ok I managed to turn off the Translation Editor.

It´s correct that the Kallyas-theme is not working with the WPML translation editor right? And there is nothing we can do about it? Than we can close this topic.

Regards.

February 18, 2019 at 8:07 am #3210448

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Ok.

Yes, I am afraid that this is the case.

I spent some time researching our compatibility work tickets and I can confirm that the re-testing of this theme was closed on 24 Dec, 2018. The compatibility team confirms pages built with the Kayllas page builder cannot be translated using WPML translation editors, only manual translation method is possible.

It seems this is due to the way the pagebuilder editor is storing its data as a serialised array instead of custom fields.

So I will close this ticket now.