This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
June 13, 2019 at 5:40 pm #4015907

giovanniD-22

Tell us what you are trying to do?

to get directly to the issues, see below...

suddenly-SPANISH appears as original Language for a GERMAN word in kategories

June 13, 2019 at 6:07 pm #4016219

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

Have you made any changes in the language settings? I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking. Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup.

Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

hidden link

--
Thanks!

Bigul

June 14, 2019 at 3:53 pm #4022787

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the details and login information. *Lieferzeiten* is string not translated to other languages yet. Have you translated it before? Please try the following troubleshooting steps after a site backup and make sure the issues are existing or not.

1) Go to WPML>>Support page
2) Click on Troubleshooting link (blue link in the middle of the page)
3) In Troubleshooting page, please click on the following options of the *Clean up* section. Wait for confirmation of processing after each one.

- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information
- Fix WPML tables collation
- Assign translation status to duplicated content
- Fix terms count
- Fix post type assignment
- Recreate ST DB cache tables

Please note, you can ignore the warning in *Language URL format* settings. It will be a false alarm because of the minor conflicts with server configuration. *Different languages in directories* feature is working okay on your site.

Please check the attached image for more details and let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

June 14, 2019 at 4:34 pm #4023085

giovanniD-22

Thank you,

I have not translated Lieferzeiten, because the Slug still says "product_delivery_times" instead of "Lieferzeiten"

It seems as if nothing changed after this process:
I got confirmation on all points but one

- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information
- Fix WPML tables collation - NO CONFIRMATION RECEIVED
- Assign translation status to duplicated content
- Fix terms count
- Fix post type assignment
- Recreate ST DB cache tables

The english words are still connected to german-flags and slug and Original language do not fit

Somehow I need to tell the System to use a different language:
What if I would change the main languag of wordpress to English?
Could this be a possibility to start from scratch

June 14, 2019 at 5:39 pm #4023295

giovanniD-22

under String-Translation I found the "product_delivery_times" Slug with a german flag, which obviously was wrong.

I changed the language of this string to ENGLISH, then translated the slug into the different languages. Translation is now completed (see IMAGE_6)

Back to the WooCommerce Multilingual Taxonomies, the Slug "product_delivery_times" is still connected to the GERMAN.
The ENGLISH did not get any Slug at all. (IMAGE_7)

But at the same time the other string-translated Slugs of languages like ITALIAN have been saved. (IMAGE_8)

Why does the system not simply adopt this?
Do I have to change this in some .php-file manually?

June 14, 2019 at 6:32 pm #4023663

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Please check the attached images. I am getting the expected result for *product_delivery_times* slug now. Please note, *Lieferzeit* string is not translated yet.

Instead of changing the default language you can change the language of string or string domain. Please click the *Languages of domains* link of WPML>>String Translation to change the language of string domain.

I would like to know you are facing similar issues with any other string or slug.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

June 14, 2019 at 9:33 pm #4024351

giovanniD-22

Thank you,
we are getting closer,

but I still feel like walking on the spot.

see IMAGE_9: Slug still *product_delivery_times* in ENGLISH on the ORIGINAL GERMAN Language
and in the grey zone in the background there are many English-Strings with German Flags.
Wher can I change this all in one go?

-----------------

Or would you have somebody in the enterprise, that could fix all these issues?

I fear to break something, it all seams so delicate and I think the problem lies a bit deeper.

And I even dont know if it matters to have these taxonomies and strings well translated.
I dont understand, why they cant just be translated by the system, which knows all the words in different languages.
Do I have to translate all these technical words?
I only want to translate the page, but I'm afraid that the WooCommerce Shop doesnt work propperly, when the languages dont fit to the exact translations.

-----------------

When I look at the *Languages of domains* link of WPML>>String Translation to change the language of string domain.

I dont know which to choose. There are so many rows to choose from, how do I know the one which needs to be changed?
How do I have to use this?

June 14, 2019 at 9:56 pm #4024389

giovanniD-22

Here everything works well. I only had to translate:

IMAGE_10- with tag and product_visibility everything was good from the start

June 15, 2019 at 10:47 am #4026611

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. It is not mandatory to translate the slugs for the proper working of the WooCommerce shop.

This may be a compatibility issue. Because the taxonomy name is in German and the slug is in English now. Therefore debugging the issue without affecting your live site I have created a test site in our Sandbox server now. Please check the following URL.

hidden link

It is a fresh installation. Please upload the required plugins and your theme. Then check the issue is reproducible or not. It will help us a lot and we can forward it easily to our developers for fixing.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

June 15, 2019 at 11:57 am #4027021

giovanniD-22

Thank you so much for your help,

to reproduce te issue, I would have to install the plugins in the order of the live site.

If I'd start over installation, I would definitly install WPML first.
Or do you think this doesn't matter?

June 15, 2019 at 4:47 pm #4028483

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. You can activate and configure WooCommerce and its add-on first. Then configure WPML. Normally the install order will not be an issue.

Please note, only we have to install & configure the must required plugins and your theme.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

The topic ‘[Closed] Split: language changed for Product Category term’ is closed to new replies.