Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
June 13, 2019 at 5:40 pm #4015907

giovanniD-22

Tell us what you are trying to do?

to get directly to the issues, see below...

suddenly-SPANISH appears as original Language for a GERMAN word in kategories

June 13, 2019 at 6:07 pm #4016219

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

Have you made any changes in the language settings? I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking. Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup.

Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

hidden link

--
Thanks!

Bigul

June 14, 2019 at 3:53 pm #4022787

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the details and login information. *Lieferzeiten* is string not translated to other languages yet. Have you translated it before? Please try the following troubleshooting steps after a site backup and make sure the issues are existing or not.

1) Go to WPML>>Support page
2) Click on Troubleshooting link (blue link in the middle of the page)
3) In Troubleshooting page, please click on the following options of the *Clean up* section. Wait for confirmation of processing after each one.

- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information
- Fix WPML tables collation
- Assign translation status to duplicated content
- Fix terms count
- Fix post type assignment
- Recreate ST DB cache tables

Please note, you can ignore the warning in *Language URL format* settings. It will be a false alarm because of the minor conflicts with server configuration. *Different languages in directories* feature is working okay on your site.

Please check the attached image for more details and let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

June 14, 2019 at 4:34 pm #4023085

giovanniD-22

Thank you,

I have not translated Lieferzeiten, because the Slug still says "product_delivery_times" instead of "Lieferzeiten"

It seems as if nothing changed after this process:
I got confirmation on all points but one

- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information
- Fix WPML tables collation - NO CONFIRMATION RECEIVED
- Assign translation status to duplicated content
- Fix terms count
- Fix post type assignment
- Recreate ST DB cache tables

The english words are still connected to german-flags and slug and Original language do not fit

Somehow I need to tell the System to use a different language:
What if I would change the main languag of wordpress to English?
Could this be a possibility to start from scratch

June 14, 2019 at 5:39 pm #4023295

giovanniD-22

under String-Translation I found the "product_delivery_times" Slug with a german flag, which obviously was wrong.

I changed the language of this string to ENGLISH, then translated the slug into the different languages. Translation is now completed (see IMAGE_6)

Back to the WooCommerce Multilingual Taxonomies, the Slug "product_delivery_times" is still connected to the GERMAN.
The ENGLISH did not get any Slug at all. (IMAGE_7)

But at the same time the other string-translated Slugs of languages like ITALIAN have been saved. (IMAGE_8)

Why does the system not simply adopt this?
Do I have to change this in some .php-file manually?

June 14, 2019 at 6:32 pm #4023663

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Please check the attached images. I am getting the expected result for *product_delivery_times* slug now. Please note, *Lieferzeit* string is not translated yet.

Instead of changing the default language you can change the language of string or string domain. Please click the *Languages of domains* link of WPML>>String Translation to change the language of string domain.

I would like to know you are facing similar issues with any other string or slug.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

June 14, 2019 at 9:33 pm #4024351

giovanniD-22

Thank you,
we are getting closer,

but I still feel like walking on the spot.

see IMAGE_9: Slug still *product_delivery_times* in ENGLISH on the ORIGINAL GERMAN Language
and in the grey zone in the background there are many English-Strings with German Flags.
Wher can I change this all in one go?

-----------------

Or would you have somebody in the enterprise, that could fix all these issues?

I fear to break something, it all seams so delicate and I think the problem lies a bit deeper.

And I even dont know if it matters to have these taxonomies and strings well translated.
I dont understand, why they cant just be translated by the system, which knows all the words in different languages.
Do I have to translate all these technical words?
I only want to translate the page, but I'm afraid that the WooCommerce Shop doesnt work propperly, when the languages dont fit to the exact translations.

-----------------

When I look at the *Languages of domains* link of WPML>>String Translation to change the language of string domain.

I dont know which to choose. There are so many rows to choose from, how do I know the one which needs to be changed?
How do I have to use this?

June 14, 2019 at 9:56 pm #4024389

giovanniD-22

Here everything works well. I only had to translate:

IMAGE_10- with tag and product_visibility everything was good from the start

June 15, 2019 at 10:47 am #4026611

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. It is not mandatory to translate the slugs for the proper working of the WooCommerce shop.

This may be a compatibility issue. Because the taxonomy name is in German and the slug is in English now. Therefore debugging the issue without affecting your live site I have created a test site in our Sandbox server now. Please check the following URL.

hidden link

It is a fresh installation. Please upload the required plugins and your theme. Then check the issue is reproducible or not. It will help us a lot and we can forward it easily to our developers for fixing.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

June 15, 2019 at 11:57 am #4027021

giovanniD-22

Thank you so much for your help,

to reproduce te issue, I would have to install the plugins in the order of the live site.

If I'd start over installation, I would definitly install WPML first.
Or do you think this doesn't matter?

June 15, 2019 at 4:47 pm #4028483

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. You can activate and configure WooCommerce and its add-on first. Then configure WPML. Normally the install order will not be an issue.

Please note, only we have to install & configure the must required plugins and your theme.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

The topic ‘[Closed] Split: language changed for Product Category term’ is closed to new replies.