Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Edward Zilliacus 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
February 28, 2018 at 10:17 pm #1532390

Edward Zilliacus

Awesome Thank you that went fast!

However, there are now a couple of issues that have arisen.

1. When clicking to view the homepage in Swedish, a sidebar has appeared on the right-hand side, including a search bar, recent comments, archives etc. This messes up the layout of the page completely.

2. The menu does not work on mobile. It has become transparent.

Could you have a look at this?

Thank you in advance again,

Edward

February 28, 2018 at 10:21 pm #1532392

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-08:00)

Hello,

1. This is happening because of the page's styling.

you have a custom layout.

if you go to edit the page then use the language switcher in the top to switch to the Swedish language you can see at the bottom right that the layout is different.

i have changed it to the same as the default page and its ok now.

February 28, 2018 at 10:24 pm #1532394

Bobby
Supporter

2. For the menu. It looks like the styling of your mobile menu is white, therefore with your white background its not going to look OK.

This seems like a theme option and styling issue rather than something that WPML is causing.

March 2, 2018 at 11:54 am #1534258

Edward Zilliacus

Thank you, I understood what you meant about the custom layout issue. I believe I have it under control now.

2. For the menu on mobile. Before I installed WPML, the menu had a blue background so it showed up fine on mobile. It was after I installed WPML, that the problem with menu becoming transparent became a problem. That is why I believe this to be a WPML issue... What can be done to fix this?

Thank you again! 🙂

Edward

March 2, 2018 at 7:03 pm #1534767

Bobby
Supporter

I would like to take a closer look if possible

Best way to determine if WPML is causing this would be to deactivate WPML plugin temporary and then test the mobile switcher.(Your WPML work will not be lost by doing this)

let me know your results .

Also is there an option to customize the way the menu look from within the theme options ?

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

March 5, 2018 at 5:49 pm #1536715

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you !

I have test this with deactivating WPML and the mobile menu drop down still remains with a transparent background.

The transparency for your mobile menu is due to your custom CSS that has been added.

Once commented out i could see the background colors for the dropdown menu.

#site-navigation {
background-color:transparent;
}

.page-title, .entry-title {
font-size: 3.0rem;
font-family: Montserrat, sans-serif !important;
}

March 5, 2018 at 7:20 pm #1536827

Edward Zilliacus

Allright I see what the problem is. As you said, it did not have anything to do with WPML.

Anyways, I appreciate your help Bobby, Thank you!