This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
June 7, 2019 at 9:16 am #3975193

gergelyH

Hi Bruno,

I see, This isn;t urgent but I have other matter that needs your attention:

1) How do I translate tags and categories with MemoQ? Currently i don;t see any option to add them to the translation basket.

2) Some pages that have been translated with MemoQ are empty??

See: hidden link
Indonesian version: hidden link

Even though in the back-end I can see the translated content. This is the case for all pages under the parent page "Webinar upcoming" thanks for looking into this.

3) I can not see an option to add a custom filed for translation under Dashboard>LMS>Courses
Click any Course and open the LearnDash Course Settings tab. See the "short description" field, I cannot tick it for translation under custom field translation. I was able to do it under Pages but not for the Courses.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

June 7, 2019 at 9:21 am #3975199

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

I hope that you don't mind that I split your topic, but I think that other WPML customers will benefit from it. Let me concentrate on this question:

3) I can not see an option to add a custom filed for translation under Dashboard>LMS>Courses
Click any Course and open the LearnDash Course Settings tab. See the "short description" field, I cannot tick it for translation under custom field translation. I was able to do it under Pages but not for the Courses.

There are no custom fields for these indeed - it seems like that Learndash is storing its content by some other ways due to its very complex nature. Therefore have a look at this link:
https://wpml.org/plugin/learndash-lms/

It says:
"Compatible - Manual translation only, Tested by WPML team"

So it is advisable to translate Learndash courses only by using manual translation, meaning we need to disable WPML translation editors for this post type. I can see that you have already done this on your site.

(For other customers who may not be aware - open any course, on the right side within Languages -> Translate this Document -> Use WPML's Translation Editor -> set this option to "Off".

Regards,
Bruno Kos