Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
June 6, 2019 at 3:46 am #3965763

steinthor-rafnM

Hi and thanks for your reply. Updating elementor didnt work but reverting back to the classic editor fixed the problem of content not updating correctly. Im now still faced with another problem. Links still dont point towards translated content and now when I press the translate button on the front page my header dissappears? It works fine on the subpages but they are using a different header template so Im baffled what could be wrong here.

June 6, 2019 at 5:57 pm #3971401

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

I have translated the homepage again and I did not experience any issues in regards to the header. It is still visible on both languages.

Could you clarify the issue a bit further?

Also in the regards to the prior issue on our first ticket, could you please explain me which theme builder element or template is responsible for the subheader on the screenshot? I can see the category links are working here as expected.

Kind regards
Andreas

June 7, 2019 at 12:30 am #3972551

steinthor-rafnM

Hi, I had this issue on another page as well. As soon as I add translation to the header template the header is empty when I press the translation. I made another header template and called it Prime header and left it untranslated for it not to disappear. The template you referred to is called subheader under the theme builder templates. I noticed it working there as well.

June 7, 2019 at 4:40 pm #3977751

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

First of all I realized that there was a custom XML configuration added at WPML -> Settings. Elementor until now does not support this feature which for I delete the information added.

<wpml-config>
    <custom-fields>
        <custom-field action="copy-once">_elementor_page_settings</custom-field>
        <custom-field action="copy">_elementor_edit_mode</custom-field>
        <custom-field action="copy">_elementor_template_type</custom-field>
        <custom-field action="copy">_elementor_version</custom-field>
    </custom-fields>
    <custom-types>
        <custom-type translate="1" display-as-translated="1">elementor_library</custom-type>
    </custom-types>
    <taxonomies>
        <taxonomy translate="0">elementor_library_type</taxonomy>
    </taxonomies>
</wpml-config>

We are planing to add the custom XML feature for Elementor but for now all the translation of Elementor with WPML is handled by WPML Core.

Now, about the header, I went to Elementor -> Templates and translated the template called "Header."

I then went to the Islandic page "Isfell" on your live site and added the template widget for the header template. The header was displayed on front end, but it does not show up on the translated page, even after the page and the template have gotten translated again.

For some reason there are various issues between Elementor and WPML on your page.

I recreated on the header issue on a copy of yout site which I migrated to our test server. Also here I have to switch to the Classic Translation Editor in order to translate the templates. The difference here was that I was able to add the header template widget and it appeared translated on the English page.

I have escalated the issues to our developers and I am waiting for their investigation. I will be in contact soon.

Kind regards
Andreas

June 11, 2019 at 3:14 am #3991583

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Our compatiblity team informed me that when it comes to Headers in Elementor, those Headers so far will only be translatable if they contain a text string. A workaround would be to include a text into the header, which has the same color as the header background and then transalte this string oin order for making WPML recognize the header.

I am not sure if this will solve the issue in your case, but let me know if you need any further assistance. Maybe the issue here might be that you are using the same header twice on the site?

Kind regards
Andreas