We have just released WPML 4.3.3. Before reporting issues please make sure to update - this version resolves all known issues with the major WPML 4.3 release

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
September 12, 2018 at 1:04 pm #2727613

decormec-saV

I have 2 menus on my site and when I press the english flag it changes my menu and is empty.
Spanish hidden link
English hidden link

How do I translate menus ? When I go to Menu sincro all the items are green and I cant edit, when I follow the link on the bottom part with instructions I go to a window where I dont see any menu item just code like "Menu Item Label 845"

September 14, 2018 at 6:36 am #2734138

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us.

Are the pages you are using in the menu already translated? Also, have you translated these items into WPML > String Translation?

We have documentation that shows you how to synchronize the menu step by step: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-menus/

Following these steps, does the problem persist?

Thank you.

September 17, 2018 at 1:44 am #2739245

decormec-saV

Hello! Ok Ive been trying to make my menus in English and it looks like there is some problem going on. I have 2 menus on my site: Main menu and Maquinaria home. I have edited strings of both of them but dont see the words reflected in my list in string translation. I do not see the menu to duplicate or sincronize like in your links.

September 18, 2018 at 4:38 am #2743437

Bruno
Supporter

Hello,

I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please let me know exactly what steps should I follow to see the problem.

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator or All in One Migration plugin to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

September 22, 2018 at 7:43 am #2757136

Bruno
Supporter

Thank you. On the Pages > All Pages, I clicked to edit the "Products" page in English and just inserted the English menu on this page. I'll attach an image for you to see.

Note that according to your theme, when you select a custom menu in the single page options, you must also select the desired custom menu on the English page. Also, I noticed that some menus items are not yet translated in English, though. I'll attach more images for you to see.

Could you please check that the menu is displayed correctly on the English page, as desired?

Thank you.