Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
October 11, 2018 at 11:10 pm #2809950

guillaumeF-8

Hi Bobby,

Sorry for the late reply. I've got a lot figured out this week thanks to your help, I'm nearly finished.

My last struggle is with the top menu bar. I've created a menu in each language, english, german, spanish, but it seems that in the menu settings in Appareance/Menus, whichever menu I select in "display locations" will overrule the other languages. Meaning that if I tick those options in the english version of the menu, on my other language pages, the english menu will then be dislpayed.

I tried ot find some info on the forums but everything I try doesn't work. That's the last bit I miss before I can put the website online!

October 11, 2018 at 11:13 pm #2809976

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-08:00)

Hello,

if possible please review the following documentation

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-menus/

it sounds as if you have created a seperate menu for each language, please verify with me that these are not seperate menus but instead translations of the default language menu.

meaning that if your default language is English and you have Spanish and German as secondary you will add the secondary language menus for Spanish and German as translations of the English menu by clicking on the "+" within the English menu.

let me know your results please

The topic ‘[Closed] Split: Menu Translation’ is closed to new replies.