This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
July 2, 2019 at 5:36 pm #4129167

kevinL-40

Also have another issue. I have a page that contain different short code for different category from post for different language. all post no need translation but content not showing without duplication. I set the "Post Types Translation" to "Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language". if not translate the page shortcode content showing on all language with default. but when translate page for showing different category from post with shortcode then not display content on other language. how can I display different category from post on a specific page.

More explain:
suppose I have some category "english content, chines content, german content" etc on post.
I want to display them on a static page name "Article".
Article page have 21 translation. all contain different short code for display content from posts.
example: for German page I want to display category "german content", for Chines display category "chines content".
how it possible without duplication.

July 2, 2019 at 5:47 pm #4129205

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

to understand better, you have a page with the shortcode in it

then you set the page to "Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language" so you can showcase it without needing to translate or duplicate

this allows your users to view the page without the need of duplication or translation but it will only just fallback on the default language

therefore you will not be able to show diffferent content from the default language

in order to have different language content you need to translate the page and content

July 3, 2019 at 2:09 pm #4137235

kevinL-40

I solved it myself. now I need a solution for feature Image. if I Duplicate existing media for translated content then the feature image shown but if not duplicate feature image not shown. I have 3500+ media. I need to show the feature image without duplicating all existing media. how it possible?

July 3, 2019 at 5:27 pm #4138407

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

you can go to WPML->Settings->Media and select "Duplicate featured images for translations" , this will exclude the rest of your media and only duplicate the current featured images

or you can try using the "Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language" for the Media Post Type as mentioned in the previous thread but do note that this option is not meant to be a solution but rather a workaround , test it and if it works well you can result to it if not the first step is the advised solution.

The topic ‘[Closed] Split: need solution for WordPress Connection Lost Error When page/post updating’ is closed to new replies.