This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Vincenzo 8 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Vincenzo.

Author Posts
January 29, 2019 at 8:23 pm #3141590

salahD-2

Hello Itamar,
I have no idea why you get no results when doing an empty search, however, you can try these searches as you will surely get results "rimmel" for English results, and "ريميل" for Arabic.
the main problem is when using the search in the English version, when hitting enter it takes you to the Arabic version though. through the settings of the plugin I installed (Relevanssi) i was able to get English search results even when it takes you to the Arabic version so you will notice that. but still its a really misleading issue as it changes the language which will annoy customers and confuse them.

As for the configuration, you can find it in the "header builder", and then edit the current header you are using (the one with the bold font), from there, you can add a search bar to the header and configure it like mine. i dont think the theme has any other options of the search.
Here's the option of "header builder": hidden link

Regarding my first issue that I previously had (shop page appearing blank in English version), it keeps coming back :((, I disabled cache and tried saving permalinks many times, not working anymore :(.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.
Thanks.

January 29, 2019 at 8:36 pm #3141599

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

In this ticket, we will deal with the empty shop page. I can see that the English shop page is again empty on your site.

Since we already saw that when clearing the cache the issue gets resolved (even if for a short time), I'm still suspecting that this is a cache issue. But first please check if the problem persists when you switch the Language URL format to 'Different languages in directories' as I've asked you to try in the other ticket.

If it does not help, then please try the minimum environment procedure that I've mentioned in our initial chat. You will need first to check if the problem persists when just the theme is switched to a default WordPress theme like Twentyseventeen (for example).
If it persists then turn off all plugins but the WPML and its add-ons and WooCommerce itself.
Then please check if the problem persists.
If it does not persists so start by activating the plugins one by one and check when the problem comes back, then report to me which was the culprit plugin.

Can you please try this?

Thanks,
Itamar.

January 31, 2019 at 12:02 pm #3147730

salahD-2

Hi Itamar,

Apologies for the late reply,
So changing the URL language format did not fix this issue, So I tried to change my theme to TwentySeventeen and shop page worked!
So what does this mean? Do I have to contact XTemos now?

Thanks a lot.

February 1, 2019 at 1:07 am #3150088

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thanks for trying my suggestions.

Could you please try one other thing?
Please see if the option 'Adjust IDs for multilingual functionality' is checked in WPML -> Languages -> Make themes work multilingual. If it is not checked, please check it and save. Then see if the issue persists.

Thanks,
Itamar.

February 3, 2019 at 11:43 am #3155340

salahD-2

Hi,

okay, so a lot happened, First of all the option was already checked before.
Secondly, I decided to do minimum environment procedure again to see if i missed something, Turns out i ignore the plugin that doesnt come to mind! The "really simple SSL" plugin, after disabling the shop started working in English! the problem was solved and i was happy, but then when i went to see the Arabic version, turns out the problem is there now :(( so the main Arabic shop page has the same problem, tried to disable/re-enable the plugin but its still the arabic thats not showing, please note that the Arabic one is more important!
What do you suggest?
Arabic shop page: hidden link

February 3, 2019 at 11:53 am #3155362

salahD-2

Update:
After waiting for almost 10 mins, the Arabic version shop started appearing but then again not appearing in English, so in conclusion:
Really Simple SSL = ON = Arabic Shop page works, English, doesn't
Really Simply SSL = OFF = English Shop page works, Arabic doesn't

February 4, 2019 at 4:39 pm #3158741

Vincenzo
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello, my name is Vincenzo.
Since Itamar currently is not available, I will replace him here in the forum.
I hope this is OK with you.

It is possible that there is a conflict between the Shop page and the Product base.

Please try changing the English Product base from /shop/ to /product/
- You can do it from Settings -> Permalinks -> Product permalinks -> Custom base

Thank you

February 5, 2019 at 8:43 am #3160697

salahD-2

Hey Vincenzo,

I went to Permalinks, and found that it was already set as Custom Base, But underneath it there's a little box that allows you to select a language, here: hidden link
It was set to Arabic, I changed it to English, and then bam! both of them worked... But after a couple of minutes, the problem returned and now the Arabic page has this issue. I switched back to Arabic from the box and saved, then again the problem was solved for a couple of minutes before coming back again in the English one.

So if the box = English = Arabic page doesnt show products
if the box = Arabic = English page doesnt show products
This is one hell of a complicated issue... 🙁
I need it to be solved as soon as possible please. 🙁

Thanks.

February 5, 2019 at 10:22 am #3161241

Vincenzo
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

currently, the default language of the site is Arabic but the original language of the shop page is English.

1. Can you please try these steps?
- Delete the current English Shop page and its Arabic translation
- Delete those 2 pages from the Trash too.
- Create a new Shop page in the Arabic language
- Go to WooCommerce Settings
- Open the "Products" tab
- Select the newly created Shop page
- Save changes
- Go to WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual -> Status
- Press the button to create the missing WooCommerce page translations (Shop)

2. If those steps are not working, it is possible that there is a conflict.
Try the following steps, preferably on a staging version of the site:
❌ Before proceeding please make a full website backup! ❌
- Disable all the plugins except WPML and its add-ons, WooCommerce and WooCommerce Multilingual
- Set a default theme (eg. Twenty Sixteen).
- If the issue is solved, please re-enable the Plugins one after the other, and check the issue each time you enable a plugin.
It might also be due to the Theme.
Please do reactivate your Theme only after you are sure the issue isn't coming from a 3rd Party Plugin.

- Please report me when the issue comes back.

Thank you

The topic ‘[Closed] Split: No products on the English as the second language shop page’ is closed to new replies.