Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 34 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
May 2, 2019 at 8:37 am #3722745

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

Better ACF options support will be worked on in future releases of Advanced Custom Fields Multilingual. Let me know what else can I help you with in regards with this.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 4, 2019 at 7:32 am #3739467

Mr. Ghost

Ok what does that mean?

And your platform is broken, the third time I try to submit and I'm then currently logged out.

Can we have some time frame? Since it cost us development hours to build a workaround and then later on the swap to natively support and connect data to the options page. So would be appreciated of a time frame and see this feature prioritized.

May 4, 2019 at 7:39 am #3739483

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Can we have some time frame?

Please refer to https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/
-- Fix Bugs in WPML

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 4, 2019 at 2:14 pm #3740431

Mr. Ghost

How is that answering my question? 🙂 so you will release this very soon, sounds great!

May 6, 2019 at 6:44 am #3745337

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Yes, it will be worked on, but I can't give you any dates, as descibed in our Support Policy.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 6, 2019 at 8:39 am #3745931

Mr. Ghost

Great, is this the update? Or is it something else:
https://wpml.org/2019/05/recent-and-upcoming-changes-in-how-to-translate-acf-options-pages/

May 6, 2019 at 11:36 am #3747789

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Yes, that would be in those lines and It would make no sense to try something else at this point until 1.3. version is out.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 6, 2019 at 1:51 pm #3749429

Mr. Ghost

Surely, can't wait to see the update of 1.3 being released!

May 10, 2019 at 3:04 pm #3785967

Mr. Ghost

Updated ACFML to 1.3 but when I try to switch language or save I see this message: hidden link

Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page.

Post types translations are set to "Translatable - only show translated items" for options page.

Ok had to add translation on another level. But you should look into sorting it from the wp-admin bar so that users only can swap in the top bar, so it's easy. Works as it is for me but when changed language I or did not have a translation for all languages I could not save as you could see above.

Might be good to look into in a minor update of 1.3

But seems to work for me and I'm happy you released this, amazing, thanks!

May 10, 2019 at 3:16 pm #3786119

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Updated ACFML to 1.3 but when I try to switch language or save I see this message: hidden link;

Can you tell me in which scenario does this happen, so that I can have a look on my local installation? If I understand correctly, it happens if you try switching the group to a language that does not exist, or?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 10, 2019 at 3:20 pm #3786133

Mr. Ghost

If I understand correctly, it happens if you try switching the group to a language that does not exist, or?

Correct, it does not work as post/pages where you get to create the translation when switching language. And not possible to save when the options page is not translated to all languages.

May 10, 2019 at 4:39 pm #3786741

Mr. Ghost

Another bug is that it keeps asking me to update, even though I have the latest and 1.3. Tried to update once again but keep on asking me: hidden link

May 13, 2019 at 9:59 am #3796705

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

As for that switching thing, I am not sure if that's actually a bug - the thing is that (if I got this right) that we would have to have another check on each page/post/etc load if any of these translations are available on other languages, hide those languages from the language switcher, and that might take another complex database query and this doesn't not seem to be that often scenario. As for the update 1.3.0. issue, we are aware of it and it has been reported to our developers already, it seems that it is only related to version number issue and nothing else. Hopefully that will be resolved soon.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 13, 2019 at 8:52 pm #3801525

Mr. Ghost

Ok, but how does it work on post/pages then? If I have a page in English switch to German and that translation does not exist to you offer me to create one. When doing the same on options page I see this "Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page." hidden link

I don't think you understood my question?

1.3.0 updater ok noted.

Remember to make sure all my messages are private

May 14, 2019 at 8:27 am #3804659

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Ok, this is what I've done:
- hidden link
-- Template Usage -> Basic Usage
-- set post groups as translatable