This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.12 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
July 18, 2019 at 6:29 am #4235249

derekC-6

Hello and sorry about the delay,

I created a new copy of our live site in a staging environment and executed the SQL statements you indicated. I also updated the site completely.

It still gives the same issue. As soon as I save the the attributes of the product it switches the attributes to French and then when I update the product it deletes all of the attributes completely.

Any other ideas?

July 19, 2019 at 6:48 am #4244241

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

I am unable to reproduce the product attribute issue, Is it happening with specific products? Can you please give me clear steps to reproduce the issue. I have followed the steps I saved the attributes and updated the products everything seems to work perfectly.

Maybe I am missing something here or the issue is temporary which I am not sure.

Please note I have updated Transalation Management to 2.8.6.2

Kind regards
Raja

July 19, 2019 at 10:39 am #4245795

derekC-6

Hello,

If you edit any product, for example, ID=9953
hidden link

- Scroll down to the Attributes section
- Click on QuickShip, for example
- Remove the current value (Yes or No)
- Add the other value back (Yes or No)
- Click on "Save attributes"
- Voila... it's suddenly in French
- Now click on "Update" on the right side
- When it's finished saving, go back to the Attributes section and they're all gone now

Thanks

July 22, 2019 at 10:27 am #4256061

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Thanks for your patience,

I have tested this on my local environment with just the WPML plugin and WooCommerce, I am unable to reproduce the issue with the minimal required plugins please refer hidden link

The issue seems like a conflict with any of your plugin installed in your site,

Please try some basic debugging steps to isolate the issue
- Deactivate all non-wpml plugin, check if the issue persists, (I can confirm the issue disappears with this step)

- Activate the plugins one by one check if the issue can be reproduced, in this way you can single out the conflicting plugin.

Please share the results with us, I would be happy to help you further.

Kind regards
Raja

July 22, 2019 at 1:15 pm #4257753

derekC-6

Hello,

I'm going to work on checking the plugins today and will get back to you as soon as I have more info.

Thanks for your help so far.

July 23, 2019 at 4:46 am #4262623

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Sure, Thanks for the update.

July 25, 2019 at 5:32 pm #4285377

derekC-6

Hello,

After an investigation into the plugins on our site, it appears there was an issue with Broken Link Checker
https://wordpress.org/plugins/broken-link-checker.

Since this plugin no longer appears to be supported, I've deleted it and the issue appears to be resolved.

Thanks for your help!

July 26, 2019 at 6:42 pm #4291355

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Glad you are able to identify the conflicting plugin,

Please mark the ticket as resolved,

Kind regards
Raja