This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
March 27, 2019 at 6:12 am #3467751

alaricV

Hi Bigul,

Thank you again for your support!

I have checked it and homepage does work perfectly now, but the product category pages don't work anymore. It is like it is the other way around now. Previously the categories and product pages work but the homepage didn't, now it is the other way around. Do they work for you?

All the best,
Alaric

March 27, 2019 at 6:28 am #3467863

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Alaric,

I have a doubt about this because your *.htaccess* codes looks normal for me. How you are managing the redirection Product Category URL.

For example hidden link instead of hidden link

Please check the attached images for more details.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 3, 2019 at 10:20 am #3524475

alaricV

Hi Bigul,

We use the plugin woocommerce permalink manager by premerce for this. Could this plugin cause an error in combination with wpml? Or is there perhaps a workaround?

Many thanks,

Kind regards,
Alaric

April 4, 2019 at 4:30 am #3532047

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Alaric,

Thank you for the updates. For your kind information, *WooCommerce Permalink Manager* plugin is not listed on the WPML compatibility list for the Plugins - https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility. It does not mean that this plugin is not compatible with WPML, but our compatibility team has not tested it yet.

I will debug it further with WPML latest version and get back to you soon. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 12, 2019 at 7:22 am #3595531

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Alaric,

For your kind updates, the issue is existing after the primary investigation procedures. Therefore I have escalated the ticket to our second tier team for further debugging. We will get back to you as early as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 22, 2019 at 5:52 pm #3657591

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Alaric,

For your kind information, the issue is happening because of a compatibility issue between WPML and *WooCommerce Permalink Manager (Premium)* plugin.

It is working in our local copy and your staging site when we use the free version of the plugin(Premmerce Permalink Manager for WooCommerce). Please check the following links for more details and let me know your feedback.

hidden link

hidden link;

https://wordpress.org/plugins/woo-permalink-manager/

Our compatibility team is currently working on this issue. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 3, 2019 at 5:40 pm #3737285

alaricV

Hi Bigul,

Is there any news regarding the compatibility/fix?
Is there anything i can do to speed up the process perhaps?

Thank you,

Kind regards,
Alaric

May 4, 2019 at 11:30 am #3740075

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Alaric,

For your kind updates, our compatibility team is still working on this issue. It is happening because of a conflict with the rewrite rules of *WooCommerce Permalink Manager (Premium)* plugin.

I am expecting feedback from the comapatibility team by next week. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 17, 2019 at 12:35 pm #3834419

alaricV

Hi Bigul,

Is there any news from your compability team? 🙂

Kind regards,
Alaric

May 19, 2019 at 5:20 am #3840675

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Alaric,

For your kind updates, a permanent fix will require code customization and its need the author's cooperation also. Therefore as a workaround can you please try the same slug for Product Category terms in Dutch and Turkish. For an exmple, I updated *babyverzorging/baby-olie/* for *Baby olie* slugs term in Turkish instead of *bebegim-ve-ben/bebe-yaglari* on the staging site and it is working for us.

Please check the following link and attached images for more details and let me know your feedback about this workaround.

--
Thanks!

Biguls

May 20, 2019 at 7:15 pm #3849839

alaricV

Hi Bigul,

Thank you very much for the work-around! But when I do this and the slug is the same as the dutch slug, the slug changes and adds -tr to it. When I then remove the '-tr', it does it again but then '-tr-2'. How did you manage to fix this?

Kind regards,
Alaric

May 21, 2019 at 6:13 am #3852075

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Alaric,

Thank you for the feedback. Please change the slug via Quick Edit feature of Product Categories term(in Turkish). It will help you to change the slugs without adding the language code.

Please check the attached images and let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 21, 2019 at 7:08 pm #3858421
alaricV

Hi Bigul,

Thanks!
This seems like it works for the categories. But now I see that all products are then shown in the category. As in, turkish translated products are now also shown in dutch category.

hidden link

How to resolve this?
And how did you fix the thalia.nl/tr/ which you fixed on wpml.thalia.nl ?

All the best,
Alaric

New threads created by Bigul and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-turkish-translated-products-are-now-also-shown-in-dutch-category/

May 22, 2019 at 7:04 am #3861703

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Alaric,

Thank you for the updates. I have opened a new ticket for the Turkish translated products are now also shown in dutch category issue. Because as per our support policies, we can only handle one issue per ticket. It will help us to serve you better and we can avoid discussing multiple problems in one ticket.

I will get back to you soon on the new ticket. Please wait. Thank you for your understanding.

--
Thanks!

Bigul