This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
June 12, 2019 at 9:47 am #4002683

robA-7

Hi Itamar,

2. We have a product with 2 languages. Which, stragenly enough is having different items in the pricing per variable. This means that de Dutch language is having no discount price for variable A, but product A in Belgian is. This results in strange behaviour when we select the option "alumiunium".

NL Product: hidden link
BE Product: hidden link

Can you help us with this? Since the input fields are blocked, we cannot change this for the BE Language. These fields are also not available in the translation management tool.

June 12, 2019 at 10:25 am #4003005

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Something looks wrong in the way you have configured your server settings and Language URL format. I'll explain now why I say that. You gave me the following two links.

NL Product: hidden link
BE Product: hidden link

But I can see that it is the same main domain.
How is it possible that those are two separate languages?
When I try to go to the Belgium link here:
hidden link
I get redirected to here:
hidden link
Which is the same domain only with WWW at the beginning.
If you set the Language URL format in WPML -> Languages to 'A different domain per language' it seems to me that you are doing things wrong.
I'm expecting to see different domains for each language. For example.
your-domain.nl for Dutch and your-domain.be for Belgium.
Please read this article on our website to understand how to configure your server for 'A different domain per language'
https://wpml.org/2016/04/use-wpml-different-domains-per-language/

This issue needs to be resolved before handling the issue of this ticket.

If needed I'm enabling private message for the next reply so you can share the access details with me.

Could you please share your Debug information with me?
You can read the detailed explanation about it here.
http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support
The debug info will give me a lot of information about how your site is configured and will help me understand the source of the problem.

Thanks,
Itamar.

June 13, 2019 at 3:18 pm #4014327

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thanks for the access details.

You wrote: "We have a product with 2 languages. Which, stragenly enough is having different items in the pricing per variable. This means that de Dutch language is having no discount price for variable A, but product A in Belgian is. This results in strange behaviour when we select the option "alumiunium"."

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what is the strange behavior with "alumiunium".
Could you please elaborate on this issue?
Please tell me what I should do to see this issue.
Please share some screenshots if possible. You can make use of “upload an image” below the comment area.

You wrote: "Can you help us with this? Since the input fields are blocked, we cannot change this for the BE Language. These fields are also not available in the translation management tool."

I think that you are trying to translate the product's attributes which are being used for the variations. In this case, you can translate them in WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual -> Attributes (tab). Please see the attached screenshot trans-attributes.jpg.
Please read our documentation on how to work with WPML and WooCommerce here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/
Read explicitly about translating product attributes here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/#taxonomies

Note: If fields are locked on the translation that means that they can't be changed from there because changing them from the WordPress editor would cause issues.

Please let me know if this information is helpful to you.

Thanks,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] Split: Product with 2 languages is having different items in the pricing per variable’ is closed to new replies.