This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
August 28, 2019 at 7:22 pm #4476687

michaelM-103

Good Morning,

We would like to ask for an additional assistance on setting WPML in our site.

As you can see per history of this conversation, we've got a site with two languages and we've set up custom fields (translatable on both language) but we are having problem pulling through the data on US language.

Ex:
UK - hidden link
US - hidden link

We are able to translate all the fields to US except the numbers. Please see screenshot attached.

We have tried so many different setting combinations and nothing seems to work.We don't know why it's not working.

Any help would be much appreciated. User credentials is attached on the private message.

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards

August 28, 2019 at 7:28 pm #4476693

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

In our forum, we try to keep one issue per ticket.
Continuing with one ticket per issue helps not only supporters to focus on one issue at once, but also enables other users to find solutions to their questions faster. Therefore, I've split the other ticket and created a new ticket with this issue.

You are using ACF with repeater fields, and it seems that you are not setting them correctly. And if I understand the issue correctly, this is the reason for the problem that you are having. Please read our instructions on how to work with repeater fields.
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/#setting-the-translation-preference-for-repeater-fields
In short, what you need to do is set the main repeater field to 'Copy'. The fields itself to 'Translate'. And the system field (that starts with an underscore) to 'Copy'. The for things to work, you would need to update the original post and then the translation.

Please let me know if this information is helpful to you.

Regards,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] Split: Repeater fields are not being pulled to the custom language’ is closed to new replies.