This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Diego Pereira 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
April 24, 2019 at 11:57 am #3672349

farisR

Thank you. I'm glad it isn't me doing something stupid.

I realise that we don't want more than one issue discussed in a single thread, but there is a small chance it may be related. And since you have the migrated site there for you to look at, I thought I should mention it now just in case.

I cannot find a particular string to translate: "All Events". See screen shot.
If this is purely a matter of registering it in a similar way to your XML example above, then obviously I can create a new topic on this matter if I can't work it out myself. But I thought I should mention it now in just in case it is somehow related to my current problem.

It seems to me that The Events Calendar regularly gives you headaches and I apologise for having chosen it - it just seemed to be the best of the Plugins I investigated. But if you have a different suggestion for a more easily translated events calendar, I'm open to suggestions!

April 24, 2019 at 12:50 pm #3672995

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi there,

I was able to translate the string using the steps below:
- Go to WPML > Theme and plugin localization > Strings in the plugins
- Scan The events calendar plugin
- Go to WPML > String Translator
- Search for "All %s" and check the "Exact Match" box
- Translate all strings and save

Now the string is translated on the test site: hidden link

Please let me know if it worked for you.

Kind regards,
Diego

April 25, 2019 at 9:07 pm #3685961

farisR

This is great. I have duplicated it and it works great.

But I don't understand how you determined that "All %s" was the correct string to search for. I was searching for All events (no match) and trying to search for "events" produced a huge number of pages but still nothing. Searching for "All %s" would never have occurred to me.

April 26, 2019 at 6:45 pm #3692859

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi there,

It's because the "event" string is a variable string that can be modified on plugin options, so they register the variable string as %s on the .po file. I thought about this possibility and I searched for Al l% s and it worked.

It is also possible to check this directly in the plugin code or through the .po files.

If you need more help please let me know.

Kind regards,
Diego