Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

How to translate Translate Newsletter widget 'Please fill out this field'

Solution:

this tooltip happens to be a feature from the browser

Relevant Documentation:

http://luxiyalu.com/disable-popup-please-fill-out-this-field/

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by paulL-22 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Dennis.

Author Posts
January 10, 2019 at 7:27 am #3074733

paulL-22

Hi Dennis,
For #1, I tried what you told but it's not working.
For #2, the theme or plugin that I am using doesn't have compatibility problem with wpml because the compatibility team checked it when they solved a problem for me with the same theme and plugin.
Also, you didn't give me an answer about the newsletter plugin, see image called " Newsletter-French1.
I am waiting for your help.

Thanks.

Paul

January 10, 2019 at 7:37 am #3074736

Dennis

Hi,

We a client with a similar issue with translating 'Please fill out this field' tooltip happens to be a feature from the browser. You can read more about this in the following link: hidden link

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/where-to-find-the-string-for-please-fill-out-this-field-on-the-search-function/#post-1520443

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Dennis

January 11, 2019 at 3:24 am #3079139

paulL-22

Hi Dennis,
You didn't tell me where to put those codes about the 'Please fill out..."

Thanks

January 11, 2019 at 4:35 am #3079230

Dennis

Hi,

The code should be found somewhere on your Newsletter plugin. But, I'm really sorry I can't help you find that code from another plugin as we only support WPML and it's plugins or plugins that least has an interaction with WPML.

In this case, I would like to suggest to contact the author of your Newsletter plugin. I believe that they are in the best position to give you the best solution regarding this issue.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards,
Dennis

January 12, 2019 at 5:55 pm #3083587

paulL-22

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!