This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ana-paulaS-2 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
July 24, 2019 at 8:20 pm #4277445

ana-paulaS-2

Hello Bobby, how are you ?!

About the tags, the main tags were all translated. However, they do not appear translated in the English version which I am expecting. I need them translated and not for them to appear in the Portuguese language. How can I do this?!

For the Divi Global Modules I had already read the links you had sent me and couldn't find a solution to this problem. This block is global in divi theme, but I'm using a plugin that calls "Divi Global Footer" to insert this footer on all pages. This footer is already translated, following the steps in the links you provided me and still keep appearing in Portuguese. Could you check what is going on please?

After resolving these issues I will open a new ticket to evaluate the SVG icon issues to resolve. I just need to solve these three questions to get the blog ready for the English version.

Thanks in advance for your time.

July 24, 2019 at 8:45 pm #4277519

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

This is the split ticket regarding the Global Divi Footer.

The 3rd party plugin Divi Footer Injector Plugin is currently not compatible with WPML and it seems that it is not picking up the translation relationship between the default language and secondary causing you not to see the translations.

You have 3 options here :

Option 1. instead of using this plugin you can simply inject your PHP shortcode within the footer your divi theme.

1. Go to Divi Layouts Library and add your footer layout and then translate it
(you have already done this step as your have an existing footer layout)

2. Go to wp-content/themes/divi-child/footer.php(you can add it if it doesnt exist)/

under the code <footer id="main-footer">

add the following code

<?php echo do_shortcode('[et_pb_section global_module="15275"][/et_pb_section');?>

"15275" is the layout's post ID , and then its linked to the translations in the front end.

Option 2. Add the following in your child theme's functions.php

//======================================================================
// CUSTOM FOOTER
// Adds a layout to your footer area
//======================================================================
function mp_add_custom_footer() {
echo do_shortcode('[et_pb_section global_module="15275"][/et_pb_section]');
}
add_action( 'et_after_main_content', 'mp_add_custom_footer' );

Find more information here : hidden link

NOTE : please note that we cannot support custom code within the support forum therefore the above are just suggestions to help you achieve the global footer without using an incompatible plugin

i have test it on my local environment and it works as expected.

Option 3. Contact the plugin authors and ask them to join our go global program to help them make thier plugin multilingual

=> https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/

July 29, 2019 at 9:06 pm #4303533

ana-paulaS-2

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!