Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by joshuaA-8 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Izzi Hassan.

Author Posts
November 22, 2019 at 7:57 am #4994665

joshuaA-8

Hi Izzi!
Thank you very much for your help! I translated the six strings, which are listed under theme_mods_beonepage-pro-child and it does work for Portuguese and German, but English is not translated. It's still in German, too.

Moreover, there are strings missing under theme_mods_beonepage-pro-child and I cannot find them. For example, the buttons and the vertical promotion have to be translated, too.

Would you be so kind as to help me here, too? I am quite unsure where the error is!

Best regards!

November 22, 2019 at 7:59 am #4994675

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Joshua,

I am splitting this ticket to help provide more concise solutions for you and our other clients.

Please specify which strings you are unable to locate here and I will show you exactly how to get to them and other strings in the future!

Best,
Izzi

November 22, 2019 at 10:53 am #4996403

joshuaA-8

Hi Izzi!
I uploaded the images for your reference!

I am looking forward to your help 🙂

Thank you!

November 25, 2019 at 10:09 am #5010459

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Hi,

These are all Admin Texts and can be translated using the methods from before. However, it can be tricky to actually locate and register them.

I've added a Custom XML Configuration code to your website as seen below:

<wpml-config>
    <admin-texts>
        <key name="theme_mods_beonepage-pro-child">
            <key name="*" /></key>
    </admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

This code enables all the theme options that are stored under the domain theme_mods_beonepage-pro-child to be translatable. You can see these strings in the String Translation page here:
hidden link

As you'll notice, the English translations are not correct for a lot of strings. You will need to fix those using the Customizer as discussed in your other ticket. You can provide the German and Portuguese translations on the String Translations page.

Do let me know if you need further assistance with this or any other topic!

November 25, 2019 at 4:18 pm #5015539

joshuaA-8

Hi Izzi!

Thank you a lot! Everything just works fine right now! One little thing would be that I cannot find this string. The button is still untranslated, but I wasn't able to find it in the back-end.

Can you maybe take a look at it again?

Best regards!

November 26, 2019 at 11:17 am #5020567

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Hi Joshua,

I'm happy we're nearly there!

Our system has deleted the credentials to your website. Could you share access again on your next response and I'll help you locate the string?

Thanks!

November 27, 2019 at 10:59 am #5028297
joshuaA-8

Hi Izzi!

I don't know why, but all string translations we created are not live right now. So, they are not showing up and the whole website is back at the default language English again. Since I did not change anything I don't know where the error is.

Could you please help me here, too?

Best regards!

New threads created by Izzi Hassan and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/string-translation-has-regressed/

November 28, 2019 at 7:05 pm #5039255

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Hi Joshua,

Please mark this issue as resolved since I can confirm that you have already translated the correct string for that button. I will look into it on the new ticket regarding all of your translations having stopped working.

Thank you!

December 1, 2019 at 6:08 pm #5050015

joshuaA-8

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!