This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
August 21, 2019 at 3:13 pm #4432741

garyM-10

Hi,

We are now working on our test site. On the live site the buttons "Book now" and "Add to cart" is translating Properly. But after we updated the plugins to beta in our test site, the buttons are not translating even for the same products. Thus, i have translated them manually from string translation settings. and even after the strings are shown as "Translation completed" it didn't reflected at the front end. Now it seems translated to French, Spanish versions but in Portuguese it still showing English Text.

August 21, 2019 at 5:34 pm #4434217

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

As discussed in the other ticket this might be an issue with the WooTour plugin.
Please tell me the following.
Are the "Book now" and "Add to cart" strings come from the WooTour plugin?
Where can I see the issue on your site?
Even if I'm logged in I can not see the front-end of the site. Please share with me the password. Please also share with me here on this new ticket the debug information and the access details. For this, I'm enabling a private message.

Thanks,
Itamar.

August 24, 2019 at 6:30 pm #4452163

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and thanks for the extra details.

The "Loco Translate" plugin works differently than WPML. If the Woo Tour plugin support recommends to use it, then it is possible that they know the plugin is not compatible with WPML and only works with the "Loco Translate" plugin.

To debug the issue further and understand why the translation of the 'Add to cart' is not showing on the Portuguese language, please proceed with the following procedures.

1. Take a full backup of your site.

2. Clear all the cache on your side whether it is a plugin on WordPress or the server-side. And also clear the Cloudflare cache if exists.

3. Update WordPress to its latest versions.

4. Get your site into a minimum environment. Minimum environment means switching to a default WordPress theme like TwentyNineteen and no plugins activated except WPML. You will need first to check if the problem persists when just the theme is switched to TwentyNineteen (for example). If it persists then deactivate all plugins except the WPML and its add-ons and WooCommerce itself (without any of its extensions). Then please check if the problem persists. If it does not persist, so start by activating the plugins one by one and check when the problem comes back, then report to me which was the culprit plugin. Please keep all the cache plugins and methods off while stying that.

**** Important! Please make a full site backup (files and DB) before you proceed with those steps****

*** If your site is a live site you might want first to try those procedures in a staging environment or a snapshot of your site on your local server or another server. ***

Thanks,
Itamar.

August 29, 2019 at 1:34 pm #4481411

garyM-10

The site is in the Minimal environment. But still we are facing the same issue. WPML string translator is translating the button labels in both French and spanish version, but not for the Portuguese.You can have a look at the issue at hidden link.

August 30, 2019 at 12:29 pm #4487091

garyM-10

Also i have found another issue after update the wpml into beta version when we delete the string translation from string translation section but the translation is showing on front end

September 1, 2019 at 5:18 pm #4492913

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I've checked a few more things on your site. The core plugin WPML Multilingual CMS beta version was not updated to its latest version 4.3.0-b.6. And also WooCommerce Multilingual was not installed on your site. So I've downloaded the beta versions of those plugins and installed them on your site. But the problem persists.

As you wrote yourself, I can also see that when the WooTours plugin is not activated the problem is not happening. But also the text of the button in English is changing from 'Book now' to 'Add to basket'.
Do you know where in the WooTours plugin this change is configured?
Is there a place to configure the "add to basket' button text?

Regards,
Itamar.

September 4, 2019 at 10:01 am #4509905

garyM-10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Book Now button is coming from WooTours plugin. When we activate WooTours plugin it will replace default woocommerce add to basket button. The add to basket button is default woocommerce button. The book now button is coming from this file public_html/wp-content/plugins/woo-tour-3.1/templates/content-layout-2.php.

There is no section to configure the button text on that plugin.

September 4, 2019 at 7:23 pm #4513853

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and thanks for the extra details.

We are going to need and check the WooTour plugin on a fresh WordPress installation.
For this, I created a test website with a clean WordPress install. You can access it through this link:
hidden link
Through this link, you will be automatically logged in. (If nobody logs in the test site will be available for one week from today.)
Could you please install the WooTour plugin and see if the issue is replicable on a clean WordPress installation?
Please configures WPML as it is configured on your site.
Please also make sure that you are installing the latest version of the plugin.

When everything is ready and if the issue is also happening on the test site I'll escalate this issue to our compatibility team.

Thanks,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] Split: Strings are not translated when the WooTour plugin is active’ is closed to new replies.