This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

I don't want to use the WPML's Translation Editor as I want to add in the text manually using Elementor. In that case, what do I need to do?

Solution:

In this case, you need to disable WPML's Translation Editor and build the other language page with Elementor from the beginning.

Relevant Documentation:

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by bredaM 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
September 22, 2019 at 12:57 pm #4618617

bredaM

Hi Itamar,
1. no I am talking about the primary menu, if you look at the home page in english you'll see about 8 menu items, when you switch to Russian there is no menu displayed at all, even though there is a primary menu for Russian. The Russian home page is linked to the English one when I go to the page I can see it. Can I give you a log in?

2. No the terms and conditions page in russian should be the same page format as the english one, no products just text.

3. we seem to have elementor working for the russian pages but its using a russian interface, would be easier if we could set it to English.

thanks
Breda

September 22, 2019 at 1:20 pm #4618651

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi, Breda.

In our forum, we try to keep one issue per ticket.
Continuing with one ticket per issue helps not only supporters to focus on one issue at once, but also enables other users to find solutions to their questions faster. Therefore, I've split the other ticket and created a new ticket with this issue.

In this ticket, we'll handle the Elementor issues.

Issue number 2.
When I go to editing screen of the 'Terms and conditions of use' page, I can see that the Russian page is not updated and that WPML's Translation Editor is not chosen for translating the page. Please see the attached screenshot. It seems that the translation procedure was not followed correctly. Please finish the translation of this page by following our documentation on how to work with WPML and Elementor.
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/

Issue number 3.
Elementor's editor works on the front-end. So when you are trying to edit the Russain pages with Elementor, you get the Editing screen in Russian. This is normal. But if you want to disable this here is what you need to do.

1. Connect to your site with FTP or any other method that you use to manage files of your WordPress installation.

2. Go to /wp-content/languages/plugins/.

3. Remove the following files.
- elementor-ru_RU.mo
- elementor-ru_RU.po
- elementor-pro-ru_RU.mo
- elementor-pro-ru_RU.po

4. Go to WPML -> String Translation and select the 'elementor' domain.

5. At the bottom of the table select 'Display all results'

6. Then when everything is displayed select everything, and at the bottom press, the 'Delete selected strings' button.

7. Do the same for the 'elementor-pro' domain.

Then you will have the editing screen of Elementor in English even though you are on the Russian pages.

I hope that this information is helpful to you.

Regards,
Itamar.

September 23, 2019 at 11:18 am #4622923

bredaM

Hi Itamar,
I don't want to use the WPML's Translation Editor as I want to add in the text manually using Elementor. In that case do I need to do something else?
I will try the issue 3 solution and let you know,
Regards
Breda

September 23, 2019 at 11:46 am #4623215

bredaM

Hi Itamar,
I followed the procedure for Isssue 3. I made a new Terms page in English, clicked the Russian option and Duplicate with independent translate. It makes a new page but when I try to edit with elementor I get The Preview Could not be loaded: hidden link
When I try safe mode it makes no difference, can you look please?
thanks
Breda

September 24, 2019 at 8:50 am #4629235

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi, Breda.

You ask: "I don't want to use the WPML's Translation Editor as I want to add in the text manually using Elementor. In that case, do I need to do something else?"

In this case, you need to disable WPML's Translation Editor and build the Russian page with Elementor from the beginning. You can disable WPML's Translation Editor for a specific page. Please see the attached screenshot. Please read more about it in our documentation here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/
Since we currently have a known issue with duplicating the page with Elementor, as described at the above link, do not duplicate the page but only press the plus (+) button. You can read more about this know issue at the following link.
https://wpml.org/errata/elemntor-page-layout-is-not-duplicated-to-the-secondary-language-page/

The issue that you show o the screenshot ('Preview Could Not Be Loaded') is an Elemetor issue. At the following link, you can see the ways to correct this issue.
hidden link
If you need help with this issue, I'm willing to try and help you. So for this, please share with me the link to the new Terms page that you have created.

Regards,
Itamar.

September 27, 2019 at 7:50 am #4652135

bredaM

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!