This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The directory page of all the business listings is not showing results in the other language.

Solution:

The parameter Language URL format is interfering with other URL parameters. If possible, check if selecting the 'Different languages in directories' option is correcting this issue. You will also need to re-save the permalinks of the site.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by samanthaT 12 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
October 18, 2018 at 7:39 pm #2829402

samanthaT

Thank you!

I have uploaded the clean install to the test site.

In addition, another thing, if I could have you check into is it doesn't look like it's connecting up with the Explore page (which is a directory page of all the business listings).

hidden link
hidden link

October 18, 2018 at 7:44 pm #2829408

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

In our forum, we try to keep one issue per ticket.
Continuing with one ticket per issue helps not only supporters to focus on one issue at once, but also enables other users to find solutions to their questions faster. Therefore, I've split the other ticket and created a new ticket with this issue.

I can see that if I filter the results to 'Top Rated' I do get listings showing for the Arabic page.
Please see the attached screenshot.

I suspect that the language as a parameter Language URL format is interfering with other URL parameters.
Could you please check if selecting the 'Different languages in directories' option is changing this issue?
You will also need to re-save the permalinks of the site.

**** Important! Please make a full site backup (files and DB) before you proceed with those steps****

Thanks,
Itamar.

October 18, 2018 at 8:13 pm #2829489
samanthaT

Thank you. That does appear to be pulling in the listings. However it's not pulling in the images from the listings, nor the filterable information on the left.

I suspect that it has to do with the 'custom fields translation' and what that should be set on. I'm not really sure the difference between copy, copy once, and translate or even what each of the fields pertains to. Is there some way to figure that out?

Basically, the whole site needs to be translated to Arabic, except the business listing information and I'm having trouble configuring that setup.

October 21, 2018 at 2:51 pm #2835625

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

I'm glad that the directory page of all the business listings is now showing results in Arabic.

Could you please mark this ticket as resolved and we'll continue to handle the other issue in a new ticket?

Thanks,
Itamar.

October 23, 2018 at 10:07 pm #2844151

samanthaT

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!