Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by naomiO 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
January 22, 2021 at 7:45 pm #7908989

naomiO

Greetings!

I just noticed that 1.8.0-b.3 has been released. Hurrah! Congratulations to your dev team on another release.

I am keen now to test some ACF repeater fields in Gutenberg Blocks.

Question: What would be the procedure to have the French page show the translated strings.
Is there some trick like editing the original language (English in this case) title or normal body text to force the translated pages to update? Or should it happen automatically?

It seems that the text has been translated, but the French page still shows English.

Thank you for your help!

Richard

English:
hidden link
French:
hidden link

January 22, 2021 at 7:51 pm #7908993

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-08:00)

Hi There,

Try the following steps:

1. Go to WPML->String Translation
2. Search for the string Europaweg
3. Locate the whole string and add the translation in String Translation
"40 km sur l'Europaweg, en traversant le pont, le deuxième plus long "Hängebrücke" du monde à 494m."
4. Save and view the front end.

It should work now.

January 22, 2021 at 10:43 pm #7909341

naomiO

Thanks Bobby,

That does work, and by the way I did install 1.8.0-b.3 since before posting yesterday.

For the bigger picture of my translation project, does this mean for all Gutenberg blocks with repeaters, I have to use string translation, searching manually for each English text, then translating by hand?

i.e. ATE does not work for this?

Can you confirm so that I can instruct my team on how to finish translating the site?
Thank you
Richard

January 22, 2021 at 11:00 pm #7909437

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-08:00)

Is it possible to test with

1. a new page
2. with an existing page

let me know your results, so that way we have a better idea

January 25, 2021 at 2:53 am #7917565

naomiO

Thanks - this has been addressed by the other part of the split thread and the new beta plugin.

Thanks a lot Bobby!