Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
September 24, 2021 at 10:35 pm #9657597

sandroR-8

Hi Andreas, yeah, exactly, the rates must be displayed in pesos if the client switch to spanish and USD if the client is on the english version.

I'm a bit confused, are you going to run some test for this, right?

Are we still going to communicate within this ticket or a new one?

Thank you!

September 24, 2021 at 11:33 pm #9657631

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

As I was able to confirm that the issue persist son a copy of your website while running it only with WooCommerce and WPML I have been trying to recreate this issue on a new WordPress install while using the same plugins, but somehow the issue does not occur here, even if I use the same language settings:

hidden link

I then visited again the copy of your site and while on the ES product trying to switch the currency to the US I see an error on the debug console which refers to a missing US flag.

In fact, when revising WPML -> Languages -> Edit languages it appears that you uploaded a noncompatible flag file or the file is missing.

Switching here to the default flag, solved the issue.

Take note that you can find US and Mexican flags inside the folder

\wp-content\plugins\sitepress-multilingual-cms\res\flags

Download them from the server please and upload the flags to your site, especially the US one in this case.

Best regards
Andreas

September 27, 2021 at 5:25 am #9664209

sandroR-8

Thank you so much for your response Andreas, I've fixed the flag image but I'm still not able to change the rates depending on the language selected, how can I display in MXN pesos when I select Spanish?

This is what I need to display in MXN on the spanish version. This page is when I have selected the dates and clicked on confirm booking and I'm about to checkout.

Thank you!

photo_2021-09-27_00-24-24.jpg
September 28, 2021 at 1:58 pm #9678359

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

As far I can see the issue with changing the currency on a product page is solved.

About the new issue, I am sadly not quite understanding where to find this. Do you mean the booking confirmation page? If so, please make sure that those pages are translated, which they were currently not.

Also, make sure that all WooCommerce pages and the products are translated to 100%, please.

If the issue persists after that, could you please pass me a link to the page?

Usually, you add a product to the cart, then go to checkout. I do not see an issue on those pages.

Best regards
Andreas

September 28, 2021 at 5:16 pm #9680317

sandroR-8

Hello Andreas, I'm not able to send you the link because it must contain some booking parameters on it but you can see the page I'm talking about following these steps:

1. Go to this link (which is the Spanish version) hidden link
2. Select any villa by clicking the blue button "Reservar"
3. Then at the right side you'll find these dates selector, you have to select dates first, then click on "comprobar disponibilidad" which means check availability and finally click on "Confirmar reserva" (image_1 attached)
4. You'll be directed to the page I need to use multi currency (image_2 attached)

On the image_2 I have circled in red the amounts in USD which I need to convert to MXN when the user is on the Spanish version.

Thank you so much Andreas.

Image_2.png.jpg
image_1.jpg
September 28, 2021 at 11:20 pm #9681497

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I am afraid that this is not working this way, as WCML Multi-currencies is designed to work on WooCommerce product pages and archives, but you are using pages with Hotel Booking Shortcodes.

The solution here might be to try to include a currency switcher and price into the sidebar or add a currency switcher into the Hotel Booking Template that is displayed on the Booking Confirmation page.

I tried adding a WCML currency switcher to the sidebar of the theme, but even if the pages are set to use the right sidebar, the currency switcher is not showing up. On the Booking Confirmation page also the sidebar is not appearing at all.

I then tried adding a Currency Switcher Elementor Widget to the sidebar, but it appears that this neither works, as the currency switcher is not expecting price information on this page, as it is not a WooCommerce product page or archive.

I would suggest trying to include a currency switcher directly into sidebar section or on the Booking page itself.

How to add a currency switcher on Front-End using theme template files or action hooks?
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/multi-currency-support-woocommerce/#adding-a-currency-switcher-to-the-front-end

Now, the product page as also the booking confirmation page according to "What the file" is using a file called canvas.php as a template.
It appears that I am not able to locate this file and it appears I also do not have permission to download the theme.

I can offer to you to provide a test site on which you can install the theme and the Hotel Booking plugins so that we can work on a solution for this issue.

In case you can not provide the plugins for testing I might need to advise you to contact the Hotel Booking Support in order to assist you with this issue.
hidden link

Let me know how you would like to proceed about that.

Best regards
Andreas

October 7, 2021 at 6:42 pm #9743403

sandroR-8

Hello Andreas, I think that would be great if you provide me the test site to install the theme and the hotel booking plugins. Just to clarify... Once we solve the issue:

"Now, the product page as also the booking confirmation page according to "What the file" is using a file called canvas.php as a template.
It appears that I am not able to locate this file and it appears I also do not have permission to download the theme."

Are we going to be able to implement currency change automatically based on the language selection? I just want to double check if that is possible, in case it's not maybe the best option would be add the currency switcher using the hooks.

Basically I just want to make sure if there is a way to make the multi currency work depending on the language selection.

Thanks!

October 9, 2021 at 9:23 am #9751515

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

It appears to me that this is an issue between Hotel Booking, Elementor, and WPML. Maybe trying to implement the currency switcher in a different way would be an applicable workaround for now.

Indeed, I would suggest we test the theme and plugins for Hotel Booking on this test site.

Please also add Elementor PRO and the Hotel Booking & Elementor Integration Add-on and recreate the issue here:

One-Click-Login:
hidden link

Please send me a short notification once the components are installed.

Best regards
Andreas

October 12, 2021 at 1:01 am #9766319

sandroR-8

Hello Andre, I have installed and setup all plugins related to Hotel booking from motopress and also activated Elementor Pro, thank you in advance!

October 13, 2021 at 6:06 am #9776243

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

My apologies for the delay in answering as we are handling a high amount of support requests this week.

Could you please connect again to the test site and recreate the issue, so that I can assist you on this matter? Please leave me a short notification once this is done.

Best regards
Andreas

October 19, 2021 at 8:31 pm #9821817

sandroR-8

Sorry for the delay!

Hi Andreas, I can import the current website to the site test you provided me, does that works for you?

October 20, 2021 at 1:08 am #9822223

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I actually only need that you recreate this Booking Form Widget and at least one acommodation for testing.

This way we can confirm if there is a compatbility issues that affects all website that are using this Booking Form with WPML.

I have created a accomodation and added the Booking Form to the only availabel Widget area, which is the Footer, but the Form is not showing up on the accomodation page.

In fact, it seems I do need the theme in order to try to recreate the issue froms scratch.

Please install in their latest available version:

- Travel Agency Theme
- Tour Operator (if possible, you can use the WP File Manager Plugin or the upload)

Leave me a short notification once the site is ready.

Best regards
Andreas

October 22, 2021 at 2:07 am #9840087

sandroR-8

Hello Andreas, I've uploaded the latest version of both themes.

Thank you

October 22, 2021 at 4:24 pm #9845129

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

How was this booking form created? I still do not find any Widget for that on the test-site.

I need you recreate the issue that we saw on your site on the new created test-site.

If you do not have the time for recreating the issue please provide me admin access to the site so that I can have a look into how the content was created.

The private reply form is enabled.

Best regards
Andreas

October 28, 2021 at 12:22 am #9877827

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I see you are using a booking form on this page:

hidden link

I have now tried to recreate a page usign the same Elementor Widget while adding the accomodation ID, but first of all this form does not appear on the page and further the widget I do have available by Motopress has less settings.

Please assist me in recreating the form on the test-site, so that I can assist you on this matter.

One-Click-Login:
hidden link

Link to the page with the form:

hidden link

Best regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] Split: WCML Currency does not change to default on second language if default currency is set’ is closed to new replies.